• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Speedfeed 1 Buttstock With Integral Magazine Tube: REVIEW

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Speedfeed 1 Buttstock With Integral Magazine Tubes
p840307655-4.jpg

p793212217-4.jpg

p676641023-4.jpg

First Impressions: The Speedfeed 1 Buttstock With Integral Magazine Tubes has a very solid feel to it. You can quickly tell that this stock will hold up to just about any abuse you could throw at it; within reason of course :twisted: . The grip has a great feel to it and would allow for a secure grip even when wet or muddy. The integral magazine tubes are one of the great features of this stock and are very easy to use. The only downside to them is if you are left-handed and then the two shells are located high up on the side where you would be resting your cheek. You can still use this stock if your a left-handed but it is definitely more ergonomic for right-handed users.

Installation: Installation involved removing your current stock and tightening one allen bolt with an allen key (not included in the kit). Please note that if your Mossberg 500 came with a pistol grip stock you will need to purchase an extended bolt in order to mount this stock.

Use: The butt pad, which is quite soft, does a great job with reducing recoil. The addition of the 4 extra shells in the stock provide some added weight to the stock which I feel attributes to some reduced recoil as well. When it comes down to its tactical use I consider this stock one of the best available. It has a short length of pull, an extremely durable construction, no accessories that could potentially get caught on things (like shotshell holders), the ability to hold an additional 4 shells that are easily accessible and a great grip for inclement conditions. I do enjoy shooting a shotgun for tactical purposes with a pistol grip but with Mossberg's and their tang safety it is much more ergonomic to use a conventional stock style like this Speedfeed 1 Buttstock With Integral Magazine Tube.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Re: Speedfeed 1 Buttstock With Integral Magazine Tube: REVIE

I love it Dan! Are those the Winchester HD loads?

Thanks, yea the winchester pdx1 loads...Only round I carry for HD.

Updated the review

Back