• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

BlackHawk CompStock Shotgun Stock- Mossberg

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/CompSt ... 55,165.htm
BlackHawk CompStock Shotgun Stock- Mossberg

18-1155-IMG1.jpeg

18-1155-IMG2.jpeg

18-1155-IMG3.jpeg

18-1155-IMG4.jpeg

18-1155-IMG5.jpeg

18-1155-IMG6.jpeg

Combining modern technology with traditional design, the shotgun CompStock has been received with enthusiasm by sportsmen, competitive shooters, and law enforcement officials for its ability to reduce recoil with both light and heavy loads.
Law enforcement officers, who are required to qualify with a shotgun, will find that the CompStock is the secret to higher scores and better field results. Hunters and competitive shooters will find their hit ratios and scores improving as flinching and recoil anticipation dramatically decrease. The CompStock™ is the ideal choice for those seeking a recoil-reducing stock in a traditional design. Packaged with a composite forend, the CompStock™ is the perfect solution to the problem of recoil.

COMPSTOCK™ STOCK UNIQUE FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Single recoil-compensation system reduces felt recoil by more than 54%
• Eliminates muzzle rise for ultimate shooting comfort
• No adjustment or tuning required
• Easy installation
• Includes matching composite forend
• Comfortable all-weather grip

FAQ
Q: What is a CompStock?
A: The CompStock is the first affordable recoil-reducing system that really works. It consists of a recoil reduction mechanism that fits into the rear of a polymer replacement stock. The Rifle CompStocks are built on a strong fiberglass-reinforced polymer skeleton that is completely covered in a non-slip durable synthetic soft rubber.

Q: How does it work?
A: When the shotgun or rifle is fired, it moves rearward into the recoil device. As it moves rearward, it activates a roller and cam lever that is attached to a strong extension spring. As the spring is extended, it absorbs the energy of the recoil and slows the recoil cycle down dramatically. The energy in the spring is then used to pull the gun back into its original firing position. The device travels up to 1-¼ inches during recoil.

Q: Why don’t you make them for my semi-auto rifle or shotgun?
A: Most recoil-operated weapons would not function due to the recoil-absorbing characteristics of the CompStock. Gas-operated semi-auto guns usually have a long bolt return spring in the butt stock that would interfere with the mechanism.

Q: How much does it reduce recoil?
A: The CompStock cuts recoil by much more than half. Independent laboratory tests on an older version of the CompStock showed an actual “net peak recoil reduction of 54.8%.” Our new “Soft-Start Cam and heavier extension spring reduce felt recoil even more. Even small, light shooters can handle heavy magnum loads. This allows for rapid target reacquisition and more accurate second shots. With the Rifle CompStock, no longer will sighting in your rifle be something to dread.

Q: Does it work with all loads or does it have to be adjusted?
A: The recoil device works with all loads, everything from light target loads to the heaviest rounds. Even Magnum rifle cartridges such as the .458 Winchester Magnum are tamed. No adjustment is required at any time.

Q: Does it work with all loads or does it have to be adjusted?
A: The recoil device works with all loads — everything from light target loads to the heaviest slug and buckshot rounds. No adjustment is required at any time.

Q: Why should I buy a CompStock instead of another replacement stock?
A: The CompStock takes the pain and fear out of shooting. Even the heaviest loads are easily managed and a day of target shooting won’t mean a trip to the chiropractor or ice for your shoulder. Hunters, sportsmen and women, young shooters, home defenders -- everyone will appreciate the CompStock recoil-reducing stock.

Q: What is the difference between a pillar bed and a full-length bed block stock?
A: The pillar bed stock has large aluminum disks molded into the stock so that the action bolts will not wear into the polymer and allow movement, affecting accuracy. For stability and accuracy, the aluminum disks are replaced with a CNC-machined aluminum insert or full-length bed block permanently molded into the polymer that guarantees a rigid and stable platform for the barreled action.

Q: Is it difficult to install?
A: No. It takes a couple of minutes to remove your existing stock. Then, the CompStock installs in its place in minutes. Tools required: A flat blade and a Phillips screwdriver. The Rifle CompStock is a simple “Drop-In” installation. All necessary hardware is included, along with complete instructions.

Q: What is the length of pull?
A: Approximately 13 ½ inches. An extended butt pad (plus 1 inch) is available.

BlackHawk CompStock Shotgun Stock

p923088652-4.jpg

p646433017-4.jpg

p688695358-4.jpg

Hogue grip
p882462485-4.jpg

p671809204-4.jpg

Hogue forend
p610398147-4.jpg

p887502988-4.jpg

p1021411820-4.jpg

p800636411-4.jpg

p759199181-4.jpg

p900020531-4.jpg

p731627758-4.jpg

p988452470-4.jpg

p1035871828-4.jpg

First Impressions: The BlackHawk CompStock Stock has a very solid feel to it.

Installation:

Use:

TO BE UPDATED LATER...

Really Cool! And its based on (built on) the Hogue short LOP.

Yea I can not wait to do some testing with this one. I knew you would like this one since it uses a lot of Hogue parts.

DHonovich said:
Yea I can not wait to do some testing with this one. I knew you would like this one since it uses a lot of Hogue parts.

;) Yup! Still putting that "thing" together!

BlackHawk CompStock Shotgun Stock
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8xTteNRfGs[/youtube]

There wasn't much not to like about the BlackHawk CompStock Stock It has the excellent grip and feel of a hogue stock with the additional benefit of some reduced recoil.

compstock system review

I am interested in adding the blackhawk compstock reduce coil system to my 590a1. Not really wanting the pistol grip i would like to know anyones result in using it. They claim it cuts 50% of felt recoil in heavy ammo. Does it really or not? And being a Houge stock does it add any weight to the gun?
Thanks and a safe 4th of July!!!!!!!
Dog229 Gone

I have not written a full review of the BlackHawk CompStock shotgun stock yet but it certainly reduces felt recoil with the heavier loads. The lighter loads it is not as apparent. The stock is pretty light but if you wanted I could try and weigh it for you.

i have used a houge stock on another shotgun and did add weight to the gun and i did't like the loose forearm after i tighten it down. i like the stock forearm so only the stock will be used. Thank you of the great info
Dog229 Gone

I haven't noticed a big difference when shooting with birdshot but there is a reduction in felt recoil with the heavier loads.

I have not used it with birdshot, but it works great with buckshot.
My shots are much more accurate and my shoulder doesn't bruise!

Back