• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock W/ Aluminum Upgrade Package

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shotguns
with Aluminum Upgrade Package, Scorpion Buttpad and Recoil Grip

* NEW Scorpion Buttpad & Recoil Pistol Grip – Absorbs recoil energy
o Recoil impact is absorbed – shooting anything from a 3.5” magnum turkey load to a door breaching load can now be done with no pain being transferred to the shooter
o Reduces the challenge to reacquire the target by minimizing the muzzle lift
o Scorpion Recoil System is not affected by chemicals, load size or extreme temperatures
o Removes limitations from spring and piston type recoil suppression system
* NEW Talon Mount System
o Constructed of Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
o Securely Fasten Your ATI Tactical Stock or Rear Pistol Grip with No Specialized Tools
o Angled, Self-Aligning Dovetail Locking System for easy, secure installation
o Interchangeable Sling Mount Locations for Left- and Right-Handed Shooters
o Additional Spacer for when Sling Mount is not in use
* 6 Position Collapsible Buttstock
* Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum Buffer Tube
* Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)
* Textured Pistol Grip
* NEW 3M Industrial Grade self-adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
* NEW 3M Industrial Grade self-adhesive Tactical Shotgun Pad Provides extra comfort when shooting while reducing wear on shooter
* 6° Drop Tube Adapter for Recoil Comfort
* Three 2” Picatinny Rails
* DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer Stock
* Manufactured in the USA
* Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits: Fits most 12 GA Mossberg 500/535/590/835 and Maverick 88.

312.jpg

312_2_.jpg

Re: ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock W/ Aluminum Upgrade Pac

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock W/ Aluminum Upgrade Package

p1003863136-4.jpg

p585993124-4.jpg

p587897198-4.jpg

p602134218-4.jpg

MAKE sure you have this crush washer, some did not get shipped with it and your stock will come loose when shooting slugs or increased amounts of birdshot.
p937968855-4.jpg

p648555388-4.jpg

p1033034963-4.jpg

p571667421-4.jpg

p743186541-4.jpg

p1024973509-4.jpg

p963250626-4.jpg

p979747792-4.jpg

p966554246-4.jpg

p912253472-4.jpg

p694121340-4.jpg

p604055145-4.jpg

p796578933-4.jpg

p799356741-4.jpg

p1046810434-4.jpg

p714058333-4.jpg

First Impression: ATI products are packaged as if Apple was now selling firearms products :ugeek: ! The attention to detail in the packaging is carried right through to the products. These are not the same ATI products that left many owners previously disappointed. I know because I owned the first generation ATI collapsible stock and the top folding stock. The improvements are tremendous. The aluminum buffer tube gives an extremely durable feel to this stock and I am confident that it will be able to withstand quite a bit of abuse. The new scorpion recoil system has a great feel to it and the redesigned grip is extremely ergonomic. I have to admit it is one of the best feeling grips available for the Mossberg 500. The bottom of the grip where the scorpion recoil system attaches is my only gripe that I have with this ATI product. Functionally it is excellent but there is a gap that goes around where it meets the polymer. Now this is not a big deal at all and even with my OCD it would not stop me from purchasing this stock. I just wanted to mention it because I really couldn't find any other faults. It is all the the little things like having bolts with lock-tight already on the threads that make you realize a lot of thought was put into producing this product. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this stock.

Installation: ATI provides very clear instructions with lots of pictures to help guide you through the install. For some it can be a bit intimidating if its your first time modifying a shotgun but the instructions make it much easier to accomplish. All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than a screw driver and some allen keys.

Use: The ATI Talon Tactical Stock gets the job done! If you are looking for a collapsible stock for your Mossberg 500 or 590 then I highly suggest you consider the ATI Talon Tactical Stock. I have used and abused this stock to no end with my Mossberg 500 and it just keeps on going. The first generation ATI collapsible stock could not have taken the abuse that this second generation has. The ATI Talon Tactical stock has so many features that make it very comfortable to use; from the butt pad that is firm yet still does a great job reducing felt recoil, to the multiple locations to mount slings to, to the pistol grip that is extremely ergonomic and adds additional reduction in felt recoil with the scorpion system, to the 6 position collapsible stock which allows for perfect length of pull, to the adjustable cheek riser that ensures a perfect cheek weld. A major benefit of the ATI Talon Tactical stock is that it effectively reducing felt recoil with the heavy loads, like some of the other stocks on the market, but it also does a great job reducing felt recoil in the light loads. This is something unique to this system because a lot of the other stocks rely on spring systems which work well with the heavy loads but often do very little when it comes to the light loads. The aluminum upgrade package makes the length of pull approximately 1.5" longer than the normal ATI Talon Tactical and is marginally heavier. I have abused both versions with zero failures so I can not decide if the aluminum package is any stronger but it certainly has a more durable "feel" to it. Another bonus of this ATI system is that you can quickly switch from a 6 position collapsible stock to a pistol grip to a side folding stock with the removal and installation of one torx bolt.

This is something I really wanna try out! Specifically for the cheek riser! ;)

Review updated!

Rossignol said:
This is something I really wanna try out! Specifically for the cheek riser! ;)

Did you ever try it out? If so what did you think?

Does that cover up the slide lock like the knoxx stock does? Which do you like better?

It does not cover the slide lock like the Knoxx stock does. They both are great stocks and its hard to say which I would choose.

DHonovich said:
It does not cover the slide lock like the Knoxx stock does. They both are great stocks and its hard to say which I would choose.

I am just asking cuz I have not shot the knoxx yet but thus far every position I have had it in does not allow me to sight well. Basically the stock sits to high. I know a guy on shotgun world.com put one of the ati drop adapters on his knoxx stock and it worked supposedly. Right now I have the high cheek rest on and am not looking forward to taking the power pack off cuz its a pain in the ass. If this ati talon stock with a drop spacer would allow me to get proper sight alignment with thr ghost rings I would purchase and install it and sell the knoxx stock.

Hell I may buy one of these and try it out if the drop spacer doesnt work for the knoxx with the low cheek riser. Im sure I could sell the knoxx quiet easily on ebay.

I would send them a pm here on the forum and talk to them about it as well.

DHonovich said:
I would send them a pm here on the forum and talk to them about it as well.

I will if the knoxx dont work out.

So the aluminum upgrade part is just a run of the mill AR15 buffer tube?

John A. said:
So the aluminum upgrade part is just a run of the mill AR15 buffer tube?

I was wondering the same cuz from what I could say most of the recoil is absorbed through the rubberish grip.

I may be ordering one later today just to try it out when I get my shotty back. Although this stock gets very bad reviews on cheaper than dirt. Cheaper than dirt has just the stock itself for 71.04. Here is the review that someone posted about it as of October 2011.

Dangerous - 10/4/2011
Reviewer: Endangered
Bought this for friend of mine. During first use, after 20 or so rounds, pistol grip came away from gun during a premature shot when rechambering. Luckily, he controlled gun enough for shot not to come more my direction. Piece of junk. Pistol grip held in place by two screws going into nothing but hard rubber. ATI needs to design more for safety, and should yank this product from the market, before someone gets hurt or killed. Not in any way reliable. If I could give it 0 bullets, I would. Friend bought Blackhawk Spec Ops stock. Much more substantial.

I figure they probably stripped the screws and caused em to break or something

I ordered me just the talon tactical stock to try out. I will get my gun back probably next week and will try the knoxx stock again and see. I didnt like it before the way it shouldered as it sighted way to high. I have a mossberg drop spacer coming and am going to try that. If that does not work to correct the issue I will just take the knoxx off and put this talon tactical on and go from there.

Wow man, what an ordeal youre goin through with all this. When you get it back, get somepics of everything if you can and dont mind.

What youre experiencing to get it adjusted with pics and details may be helpful to the next guy! ;)

Rossignol said:
Wow man, what an ordeal youre goin through with all this. When you get it back, get somepics of everything if you can and dont mind.

What youre experiencing to get it adjusted with pics and details may be helpful to the next guy! ;)

Will do. Yeah man it has been some ordeal. The knoxx feels nice into the shoulder but sits to high and when I put it to my shoulder my line of sight is above the ghost rings. I should be getting my gun back from the refinisher next week. My drop spacers I got from mossberg should be here by then as well. I intend to put one on and then shoulder the Knoxx and see how it is. The main thing though I dont like is the knoxx covers up that slide lever. I have a very long thumb and other fingers are long as well. I just want to try the talon tactical out because it doesnt cover the slide lever and if I can depress it with my thumb while holding the grip this is what I would prefer.

That review is kind of suspect. Something more had to be going on for a stock/pistol grip to just 'come loose'. I'm willing to bet that the screw that holds the stock to the adapter wasn't installed properly. And I'd like to know how a gun has a 'premature shot' while reloading, unless you got your bogger hook on the trigger or something got into the trigger guard. And why wasn't the safety on while not pointed down range? Sounds like there was more than a few bad choices that led up to that.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
That review is kind of suspect. Something more had to be going on for a stock/pistol grip to just 'come loose'. I'm willing to bet that the screw that holds the stock to the adapter wasn't installed properly. And I'd like to know how a gun has a 'premature shot' while reloading, unless you got your bogger hook on the trigger or something got into the trigger guard. And why wasn't the safety on while not pointed down range? Sounds like there was more than a few bad choices that led up to that.

Yeah they probably over tightened it and stripped the screw heads and they sheared off under pressure.

tnxdshooter said:
Rossignol said:

Will do. Yeah man it has been some ordeal. The knoxx feels nice into the shoulder but sits to high and when I put it to my shoulder my line of sight is above the ghost rings. I should be getting my gun back from the refinisher next week. My drop spacers I got from mossberg should be here by then as well. I intend to put one on and then shoulder the Knoxx and see how it is. The main thing though I dont like is the knoxx covers up that slide lever. I have a very long thumb and other fingers are long as well. I just want to try the talon tactical out because it doesnt cover the slide lever and if I can depress it with my thumb while holding the grip this is what I would prefer.

As much as I hate to muddy up Dan’s post …this really should be discussed in a Knoxx thread. I will say you have your stock set up wrong.
No power pack for a bead
Just the power pack for GR
Power pack and high cheek riser for optics

Back