• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Akita Adjustable Stock For Mossberg 500 Review

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
ATI Akita Adjustable Stock For Mossberg 500

AHS0200.jpg

Akita Adjustable Stock - Patent Pending

Change Length of Pull from 12 3/8" - 14 3/8"
# Adjustable 4 Position Buttstock
# Adjustable Neoprene Cheekrest
# Recoil Reducing Buttpad
# Interchangable Grip Inlays
# Made in USA
# Lifetime Warranty

Every Akita Adjustable Stock includes Mounting Hardware and Adapter Kit which allows installation to:

* Mossberg 500/535/590/835, 12 Gauge
* Maverick 88, 12 Gauge
* Winchester 1200/1300, 12 Gauge
* Remington 870, 12 Gauge

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbuYaihii8M[/youtube]

ATI Akita Adjustable Stock For Mossberg 500

p525712264-4.jpg

p449106749-4.jpg

p66998456-4.jpg

p156529310-4.jpg

p214198327-4.jpg

p397788575-4.jpg

p382567605-4.jpg

p246319899-4.jpg

p329378121-4.jpg

p169965564-4.jpg

p42367045-4.jpg

First Impression: ATI products are packaged as if Apple was now selling firearms products! The attention to detail in the packaging is carried right through to the products. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this stock.

Installation:
ATI provides very clear instructions with lots of pictures to help guide you through the install. For some it can be a bit intimidating if its your first time modifying a shotgun but the instructions make it much easier to accomplish. All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than some basic tools.

Use: I was a bit hesitant at first to use this stock over the various other options I have but once I mounted it to my Mossberg 500 I realized what I had been missing. Reason being is that you can really adjust the stock to fit you correctly with the cheek riser, adjustable length of pull and drop spacer. The stock fits me better than any of the other available options on the market but keep in mind that this is an extremely subjective statement that does not apply to all. I would not choose this over say a hogue stock if I wanted a KISS stock due to the fact that the more features you add the more areas it can break. I don’t foresee this stock not holding up to daily abuse but you never know (I will update this post after I have a few months of use with it mounted on my Mossberg 500). I think this is a perfect option for hunters and clay shooters though. In addition to it fitting great it also does a great job with reducing felt recoil. I shot around 50 slugs in an afternoon with this setup and although my shoulder was a bit sore the next day but its nothing compared to when I have shot slugs with some of the other stocks I have tried. I used this stock with my Mossberg 500 18.5″ and centurion 2 3/4 slugs 1400fps to take down a young buck form 40 yards away as pictured in the gallery.

I'll be watchin to seee what you think. I have some mixed opinions on this one.

i have been looking for a semi adjustable stock with a pistol grip but this stock looks pretty sweet. not a lot of moving parts so it should be durable, i am subscribed and waiting for more updates on this stock.

I havent used it, so I dont have any specific xperience to speak of.

What I do like is the recoil reducing stock in a traditional stock, no pistol grip. Some people like pistol grips, but theyre not for me, I prefer to retain traditional characteristics and practiced shooting without relearning to fire my gun.

This one also includes the cheek riser, so good to go there!

This is just one perspective without actual hands-on experience, so take it for what its worth.

I am getting ready to post a full review of this stock but things that I really like about this stock are; great buttpad that helps with felt recoil, extremely adjustable so you can get near perfect cheek weld and very durable.

I'm looking forward to a completed review and some pics of gun fit, most particularly where the buttstock meets the receiver.

Is this blemish as raised up as it appears? Looks like a sprue that they didn't correctly finish off.

p329378121-4.jpg

I'll hold off further questions until Dan's full review comes down.

Drop me a pm this weekend and I will make sure I post up the full review.

I'm going to be away with my wife without cell phone or computer for the next several days.....

When I get back I'll definitely check on that. Thank You.

I absolutely love it...it is now permanently part of my hunting setup...

My one piece of advice: I found it easier to install by re-using the slotted-head bolt from the original stock, rather than the bolt that came with the akita, which requires a socket.

There really isn't room in there for a socket.

DHonovich said:
I absolutely love it...it is now permanently part of my hunting setup...

Dan,

Any updates on this Akita on your Mossberg as stated above?

How would you compare the feel and comfort of the Akita to the ATI Talon setup here http://www.atigunstocks.com/mossber...talon-tactical-shotgun-stock-and-forend-.html which also uses the recoil reduction system on both the stock and pistol grip?

I am looking to replace both the forearm and stock on my Model 500 for HD use so your feedback is welcomed.

This is honestly my favorite stock for the Mossberg 500 except for the Hogue 12". The recoil reduction on the akita is very close to the performance of the talon. The difference is negligible. If you are thinking about a great all around stock the Akita certainly fits the bill.

Back