• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Disassembly/Cleaning

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bnJyl2ptbI[/youtube]

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Assembly

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMsZan87ybo&feature=related[/youtube]

Re: Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Disassembly

Just for quick reference...

002.jpg

003.jpg

If anyone knows how to remove the "fixed" stock from the buffer tube, please reply. :D

I just picked min up from the dealer and was wondering the same thing about the "fixed" stock. It looks like you can push the pin up that is located on the bottom to move it, but I haven't been able to do it. Let me know if you figure out a way. :cool:

moss23 said:
I just picked min up from the dealer and was wondering the same thing about the "fixed" stock. It looks like you can push the pin up that is located on the bottom to move it, but I haven't been able to do it. Let me know if you figure out a way. :cool:

The pin is spring loaded. It must be pulled down to adjust or remove the 'fixed' stock. I just sacrificed the stock and hacksawed a few places around the pin until it popped off. I have a Magpul ACS on there now and it's a great fit.

I recently purchased one of these rifles and had to clean it this past weekend. I cannot find the rear take down bolt. The booklet and this video show it to be on the bottom side of the pistol grip. Mine does not have one there.

Is there an alternate set of disassembly instructions?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Texas Outlaw !!

When you find the time, please stop by our New Members Welcome area and introduce yourself to the membership...maybe even post a pic of that rifle ! ;)

Texas Outlaw said:
I recently purchased one of these rifles and had to clean it this past weekend. I cannot find the rear take down bolt. The booklet and this video show it to be on the bottom side of the pistol grip. Mine does not have one there.

Is there an alternate set of disassembly instructions?

If you look at the second picture I posted in this thread you can see the hex-head screw on the far left of the assembly. I do not think you need to remove/loosen this screw prior to removing the polymer halves.

Thanks forn the reply, I really appreciate it. I wouldn't think you would have to remove that screw either but figured I needed to ask. In regards to the polymer halves, I cannot get those apart either. It's like they are glued together. I know for certain that i have all of the screws out. I stopped trying as I didn't want to break the gun.

It's crazy, I have a Stag Arms AR-15 that comes completely apart in about 5 minutes and this Tactical .22 is kicking my butt.

Did you remove the mag release?

Stripping these down sucks compared to any other gun Iv'e handled.

JJC said:
Did you remove the mag release?

Stripping these down sucks compared to any other gun Iv'e handled.

Yep, popped the mag release out. Will try again tomorrow and maybe take a few pics. Really appreciate the replies.

For anyone else searching this. There are a set of screws that are easily missed at the front and rear of the barrel. They are hidden in the fake 'vent holes' in the polymer around the barrel.

tactical 22 field strip/owners manual

I have a buddy who recently traded for a tactical 22 and he called me to ask how to field strip it.

Having never seen one in person, I thought it would be wise to maybe ask here before he comes up next weekend with it.

I also looked at mossbergs website and didn't see a tactical 22 owners manual listed for download, so any help or advice is appreciated.

Re: tactical 22 field strip/owners manual

Getting the shell off was one of the things he was asking about.

ROFLMAO..was getting a bit frustrated at seperating the sides until I say Jasons not on the vent holes. Big time thank you!

Back