• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 on Handle Sight

DarrenB

Copper BB
Hello,

I recently purchased a Mossberg Tactical .22 with the handle built onto the the rifle, when I attached my optic it seems that I am unable to bring the sighting down low enough. Has anyone else ran into this issue, or is there a fix which I am missing. As it stands right now, I'm sighted about 5 inches high at 50 yards. The iron sights are sighted on with no issues.

Thanks for your help,
Darren

hello DarrenB and welcome from NY.i don't own a 715T,but i'm sure one of the other 715T owners will chime in shortly and help you out. nothing we like more here than talking about our mossy's is seeing them.you get a chance post a pic or two. :)

Welcome aboard Darren.

You're not alone on this issue. What has worked for some is running a thin shim under the rear of the scope rail. This will angle your optic slightly downward and help realign your line of sight with the bore axis...

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm assuming when adding a shim to optics, "a little dab will do yah."?

Sorry for the terrible picture, I'll snap a better one later.

Attachments

• IMG_3227.jpg
    IMG_3227.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 271
I got a cheap one from walmart and mine must have mirrors in it because if i wanted to lower the front i had to shim the front. Its like backwards on mine.

Seriously, raising the front lowered the scope picture and i could put the adjustments back to center.

A friend of mine , his son, had the same problem yesterday with a red dot from Academy. Just couldn't bring it down enough. Better off with iron sights.

Hey guys, sorry about the late reply. Because of weather I only got out to the range on friday again. I shimmed the rear of my sight with a piece of a plastic gift card. The seems to have done the trick nicely. I was able to reset the sight and then zero it in properly. Thanks for the help!

DarrenB said:
Hey guys, sorry about the late reply. Because of weather I only got out to the range on friday again. I shimmed the rear of my sight with a piece of a plastic gift card. The seems to have done the trick nicely. I was able to reset the sight and then zero it in properly. Thanks for the help!

Is that a scope or a red dot? all the scopes ive seen seem larger then that.

BowerR64 said:
DarrenB said:

Is that a scope or a red dot? all the scopes ive seen seem larger then that.

It's a 2x red dot. So a little bit of both?

Back