• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Project LBV, CamelBak Delta-5 + Gear **Pics**

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I've got the CamelBak Delta-5 in black. Problem is (much to my dismay) black doesnt occur naturally, like out in the field, until night time.

I'm gonna paint it. I'll be usin the Krylon Fusion ultra flat camo paints. Now the vest and components are already black, but I'll go from light to dark as much as I'm able.

Heres the pallet;

100_6717Small.jpg

100_6723Small.jpg

100_6735Small.jpg

Pretty blank right now but I'll do it up! Also gonna put a larger butt pack (I said "butt" :lol: ) on it to carry more first aid stuffs.

Re: Project LBV

i don't know about that Sir. From what I hear, with all of the people out hiking and whatnot that the animals see already, that maybe a nice Scottinsh Plad would work better! :lol:

Paul

Pics will be up tonight! One of the paints were Rustoleum and not Krylon, but still the ultra flat camo. I have pics of the cans as well as progression.

Here are some pics, I"ll try and keep it concise! :D

The first layer is "sand". I just dusted the whole thing.
100_6756Small.jpg

The second layer was with khaki. It wasnt a distinct enough difference to take pics of and was basically just shadowing the sand. The third color however was the Rustoleum and is called "Army Green" I think. Its a light green and is a real good color goin with the multicam! Almost too much sun, it doesnt show up great in the pics...
100_6769Small.jpg

100_6777Small.jpg

And finally the OD green. I used it sparingly as its easy to loose everything else. I tried to use it as shadowing and it looked good! It makes the appearance of shadows when there otherwise arent any. These pics are taken in full sun, what looks to be shadows on the vest and gear, arent. Some I guess in the first pic...
100_6782Small.jpg

100_6784Small.jpg

100_6788Small.jpg

Heres what I used;
100_6799Small.jpg

And pics with the multicam;
100_6806Small.jpg

100_6810Small.jpg

100_6818Small.jpg

Now, after reviewin my pics, I realized the gear is kinda dark still, more of a grey green, so I went back and splotched it up some with the sand to more closely resemble the lighter streaks of color in the multicam. I kept it calm and didnt go crazy with it, just enough to lighten the appearance with just some streaks of contrast.

Heres what I've learned from havin done this a few times now; (and I'm not gettin a whole lot better! :lol: )
Its easy to over do the color as you go. As you step up the color layers, keep it light with the sprayin. Layers dont have to "dust" the whole thing each time. It starts becomin just streaks or splotches of color and contrast. I've way over done it in the past and this project could easily have gone that way too... still may be. Keep in mind also its pattern breakup, it doesnt have to be perfect and my problem is I want it to look perfect and want to keep sprayin... Just a little more! I keep tellin myself. Next thing I know its just all grey and stupid lookin.

I'll get pics in the field grass and see how it looks when I'm able.

EDIT:
As I look through the pics, whats cool about it is that the pics you see of everything layin on the timber in full sun, the pieces are the same as they are in the later pics with the multicam. It seems the stuff pics up the color in full sun of the timber, and in shadow it looks more like foliage or grey/green.

Thank you fellas!

Jimmy D, its a Condor buttpack, lots of room with two extra pockets on the top flap. lid, closure thingy. One that zips on the outside top, and another zippered pocket below it on the inside.

Its also lined to be water resistant and has a gusseted top flap that is corded, so you can lace tash that clossed first and then close the top flap.

Heres a link to the pack on Condors site;

Condor MOLLE buttpack

Thank You fellas!

I meant to mention also that the paint stiffens up the material slightly, but that with use it softens again and as the paint wears I think it begins to look better!

A couple new pics after retouchin with the sand color, these were taken in roughly the same light as the others were yesterday. Def looks less the grey/green color now...

100_6823Small.jpg

100_6831Small.jpg

Holy mother!

I spend a couple days movin and Brad goes all Michelangelo on his rig. You're givin A-TACS a run for their money. NICE WORK bro!!!

:lol: Thanks man! Missin a day around here is like missin 24 hours! Ha! ;)

Bear with me through a couple more pics. I "flecked" up the vest and gear just a little today before the rain started and Allison volunteered to take some pics for me!

I used a piece of tape folded over and left a tab to stick to the spray nozzel of the rattle can stuff. The affect was the paint first hitting the tape and building up before the pressuer behind it blew drops of paint off the end of the tape. It resulsted in spattered color on the LBV and gear pouches. My intent is to further breakup outlines and edges and I plan on this bein the end of it. I'll know better when I can get out to the field with it.

100_6838Small.jpg

100_6840Small.jpg

100_6848Small.jpg

Back