• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My primary home defense

The sling swivel stud on the bayo lug is fine for a sling carry over the shoulder (picture military marching men at sling arms) but if you want a two point sling for carry across the chest and mobility plus shooting then that sling point is in the totally wrong place. It has to be on the side, as high as possible. Same with the rear sling mount point.

agree

no you haven't offended me

Oli -- a few questions

I see in another thread where you mentioned you have used the Laserlyte mount for your sling. "that's how I have had my sling on my SG for years and it hasn't moved or failed in any way" .

As I already have a rail QD cup, I am considering the tri-rail mount for the sling.
My questions are:
1. Did you have to overtighten the tri-rail mount to make it secure enough for a sling?
2. Did you also use the 3M tape that it comes with?
3. Are you tightening the screws to a specific torque?
4. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the mount can stay attached when removing the barrel -- is this true?

Thanks
SP

Last edited:
Not to answer your question posed to someone else, but thats the same tri rail I use. So I'll provide my experience.
1) no. Over tightening can gald the steel screw into the aluminum rail, rendering disassembly impossible. Using a t handle or screwdriver type driver moderate force is plenty

2) no I did not use any type of tape

3) see number two, but if memory server my correctly proper torque of scope mount hardware is approximately 30 in/lbs

4)yes the barrel can be removed no problem with the tri rail installed.

Not to answer your question posed to someone else, but thats the same tri rail I use. So I'll provide my experience.
1) no. Over tightening can gald the steel screw into the aluminum rail, rendering disassembly impossible. Using a t handle or screwdriver type driver moderate force is plenty

2) no I did not use any type of tape

3) see number two, but if memory server my correctly proper torque of scope mount hardware is approximately 30 in/lbs

4)yes the barrel can be removed no problem with the tri rail installed.

Thanks for the answer -- one other question
Are you using the tri-rail for a sling or just a light? I assume there is going to be a lot more stress using a sling. But Oli has not had a problem.

Both, as i have multiple barrels for mine I can drop the light, switch barrel, and attach a sling if i choose to use it for a field gun.

Back