• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by FJT02

1. FJT02

Replacement recoil pad

Thanks Tom. Let me know. What model did you get?
  2. FJT02

Replacement recoil pad

Thanks for the info....not sure which one I am going with yet.
  3. FJT02

Replacement recoil pad

I am looking for a new recoil pad for my brand new Mossberg 500. I shot about 50 rounds of target load yesterday to break her in and my shoulder is slightly bruised. I am a fairly big guy and I could take the kick, but I would much rather just enjoy the shooting with a little less kick. Also...
  4. FJT02

New gun was damaged

I will post some pics soon.
  5. FJT02

New gun was damaged

UPDATE: I just received my replacement wooden stock from Mossberg today. Everything looks fine and I am planning on trying out the gun tomorrow for the first time. David at Mossberg was very good and helpful with my issue. He even sent me the new stock via 2 day Fed Ex instead of the normal...
  6. FJT02

New gun was damaged

inline300, I almost left it with the dealer. He did say he would take care of it but also said that I could take it home, shoot it with the cracked stock, and mossberg would send me a replacement. I thought this was the better option, but what the dealer did not realize was that I would first...
  7. FJT02

New to Forum in MN

Hello and welcome from NJ! I am new also and just bought a 500 field/security combo.
  8. FJT02

New gun was damaged

Just picked up my NIB 500 field/security model at the dealer yesterday after waiting two weeks. I open up the box in the store and noticed a hairline crack on the wood stock running from the grip all the way back to the recoil pad. I was pissed! Dealer said that I could either leave the gun...
  9. FJT02

New to forum

Thanks again to all for the warm welcome!
  10. FJT02

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Lube question from newbie Thank for all the great suggestions. I will experiment with what works best for me by trying a couple different options.
  11. FJT02

New to forum

Thanks guys. I just learned that my new gun will be delayed another few days due to it being an "opened" package. Apparently, UPS will send any package that appears to be open back to the seller for them to inspect and re-ship. I should hopefully have it by Wednesday. I am kinda bummed since...
  12. FJT02

Re: Lube question from newbie Thanks. I was also thinking of using a product called Eezox. It is supposed to be a really good rust prohibitor as well as a cleaner and lubricator. It bonds with the metal to not allow moisture to penetrate, thus eliminating the potential for rust. I used it...
  13. FJT02

Re: Lube question from newbie Thank you Ripsnortr for the advice. I'm assumming that Hoppe's gun oil is sufficient?
  14. FJT02

Lube question from newbie Hello, I have watched a few of the disassebly and reassembly videos for the Mossberg 500 and was wondering if any of the parts should be lubricated when putting them back together. During the few videos I have seen as well as detailed pictures, I have not seen anyone...
  15. FJT02

New to forum

Great info! I'm sure you are right. I will attempt this as soon as I pick up the gun on Wednesday. I will keep you posted. Thanks again!
Back