• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by MikeyAero

1. MikeyAero

New Mossberg International Gold Reserve Supersport 12G

Great advice CaddmamQ. The gun came in with the chokes already installed and I never thought to remove them before using the gun. I guess I assumed they were properly lubed but evidence shows they were probably installed bone dry.
  2. MikeyAero

Thanks Bobster. Guns are in my closet (air conditioned) safe and not exposed to the sea air.
  3. MikeyAero

By the way, I was born in Corona, Queens NY so I'm a fellow New Yorker who left in 2007, went to California for work and then transplanted to Pawleys Island, SC in 2009. Pawleys Island is the oldest seaside community in the country (1700's). It is beautiful here from late September through the...
  4. MikeyAero

Thanks for the info Jmm. I look forward to hearing from your friend. I was able to get the chokes out, but unfortunately it took a pair of vicegrips and lots of WD40 to loosen them up. Once I got them out I cleaned up the relief bore with some scotchbrite and WD40 then cleaned the chokes the...
  5. MikeyAero

Recently purchased a Mossberg International Gold Reserve 12 g O/U for sporting clays. Curious to hear from other GR owners that have had their guns awhile. I'm shooting about 300 - 350 rounds a month for the last 3 months. So far have seen some visible rust on the receiver end of the barrels and...
  6. MikeyAero

Recently purchased a Mossberg International Gold Reserve 12 g O/U for sporting clays. Curious...

Recently purchased a Mossberg International Gold Reserve 12 g O/U for sporting clays. Curious to hear from other GR owners that have had their guns awhile. I'm shooting about 300 - 350 rounds a month for the last 3 months. So far have seen some visible rust on the receiver end of the barrels...
Back