• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Plowboy87

1. Plowboy87

Ripping off hull base. (Sold the gun)

Thanks for the input everyone and if I ever find out what the rest of the story is I will hop back on here and let you know. It is no longer my problem as one of the guys I shoot trap with bought it from me today. He only shoots AA shells (that it runs every time) and will be using it for a...
  2. Plowboy87

Thanks for that effort and sacrifice of a shell. Not all hulls are equal for sure. There are "One Piece" hulls and "Two Piece" hulls. The "One Piece" are superior such as Remington Gun Club or STS, two piece like the Fiocchi hulls like I pictured are not. I only reload the gun clubs or STS hulls...
  3. Plowboy87

Yep, and out of time M2 will rip a .50 BMG case in two.
  4. Plowboy87

Not that I am aware of unless my local retailer is doing something squirrelly.
  5. Plowboy87

+ Everything in the barrel looks and feels fine. To answer your question, North of ten, south of twenty. ;
  6. Plowboy87

The first problem it gave me this year was light primer strikes, a fresh firing pin did not cure it so I changed the main spring (hammer spring) on advice from a few other gun forums. I have considered that might be the culprit but as it cured the light primer strikes I figured I would reach...
  7. Plowboy87

I might try changing the action spring. I have pulled the entire bolt apart for a deep and thorough cleaning when this adventure began. I do owe Fiocchi an apology as I thought it was their shells. They comped me a couple of boxes that I shot out of my Winchester 101 Special Trap.
  8. Plowboy87

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

My High Schools mascot it the Plowboy, I graduated in 1987. and my avatar is the only Mossberg I own. It may be in the for sale pile if it keeps acting up.
  9. Plowboy87

My Browning Silver will eat anything I throw at it, same story with my hand me down Winchester Model 1400. This Mossberg 930 I purchased in 2016 and it has ran fine until this dove season. Hence the original question. "Anyone else have this issue and how did you rectify it?"
  10. Plowboy87

Yes the hull stays in the chamber but it is easily removed by sticking a finger into it to draw it out. (slides freely) and an unfired shell loads and ejects just fine. A fired AA, STS, or Gun Club shell is just fine too. I have cleaned the chamber and then cleaned it some more. 1 oz loads...
  11. Plowboy87

My Mossberg 930 has started ripping off the hull base of certian ammo. (Gun Club and AA it runs great as always) 1 1/8 oz shot loads in particular. 1 oz not so much. Anyone else have this issue and how did you rectify it?
  12. Plowboy87

Might be a former Mossberg owner if this gun does not start running right again.

Might be a former Mossberg owner if this gun does not start running right again.
Back