• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by RickC.

1. R

First Impressions of my new 464 "Brush Gun"

:) Nah, this is for my own sake! I decided just to give the spring and strut some Break Free since they were dry (some rough edges but no obvious burrs on contact surfaces), and put the stock back on. The underside of the bolt where it rides over the hammer saw a felt Dremel wheel and white...
  2. R

Thanks- yeah, I have a big screwdriver but was trying to do that without clearing the garage out enough to get to my vise (recovering from back surgery, can't move or lift much at the moment). I'll keep at it, thanks!
  3. R

Any tips on removing that spring/strut? That is one STRONG spring!
  4. R

Thanks- that makes sense.
  5. R

Thanks very much- what I am not clear on is the bending- what was bent where, and in what direction? I'll sure check for burrs and remove them.
  6. R

Excellent- thanks very much! I was going to ask if you had a photo of what you had done.
  7. R

I'll visit that spring arrangement and have a look- it's certainly different from a Marlin!
  8. R

The moly lube I have is several years old- probably time for some new stuff! I put a very small dab of that on the underside of the bolt where it rides over the hammer- contact appears to be square across the top of the hammer-- but yes, that is one strong hammer spring! I took a quick look at...
  9. R

New Guy With New Mav 88

Congrats! I have two Mav 88s in 12 guage, bought my GF a Mossberg 500 youth 20 ga with the 22" barrel- but only because she shoots left-handed and needed the thumb safety. She'll be throwing buckshot at deer with it this season in Alabama if she gets a chance. I have never had a problem with...
  10. R

Thanks very much CaddmannQ (I like that name). When I can pull the plug on work today I'll do some more searching. And that's just ridiculous with California!
  11. R

Yes, I certainly would- and have been digging around for them. I do appreciate the information you have put out on this forum. If you are thinking of any in particular, please post the links to some of them here-- I don't want to miss anything! From what I have seen from some other folks, my...
  12. R

Got it out to the range yesterday and also took my 1983 Marlin '94 .44 Mag since I had not shot in a while, mostly to compare the Williams FP receiver sight to the Williams fiber optic sights on the 464. Ammo tested was Rem 150 factory loads, and an assortment of handloads using the Speer 150...
  13. R

That's a lot of good info, Cadmann- thanks very much!
  14. R

I took Delivery today of my Davidson's special .30-30. It'll be a few days before I can get to the range, but after cleanup and Breakfree in the action, this is what I think- brand new, before firing. 1. Nice looking gun! 2. Sights are smaller than I had expected. I'll give them a fair...
Back