• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Iowa

ELIMN8U

Land of monsoons and tornados as of late...
I am awaiting a Mossberg 930 JM Pro to arrive any day now...my first 'real' shotgun.
The Mrs and I got our permits in 2011 and since then have acquired a number of handguns and an AR15...now the time to finish off the collection. Seen some good things mentioned about this model and I may even try some 3Gun at some point although I don't move nearly as fast as I used to!
Gene

Welcome aboard.

I absolutely love my JM Pro. It eats anything and everything I feed it without issue and is a joy to shoot. Did you go with the 22" or 24" model?

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new JM Pro when it arrives. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of your other firearms in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Will do!! Nice to hear it's a laid back site, some of the gun forums can be pretty brutal on a newbie :)

Ha, yes Sir that is true.

Around here that simply won't be tolerated. Most of us signed on here to learn a thing or two and those that choose to stick around are here to help, not feed our egos. Plenty of other places out there for that...

Good to hear, lifes too short for that.
We inherited a Chinese shotgun that the father in law had won at a Ducks Unlimited dinner and we put a few rounds through that at the range but it'd only hold 2 +1 so I sold it to a co worker and then traded in some older 22lr pumps we got through him as well and we now have the 930 on the way, and a 22lr style AR to add to the collection of handguns and an old semiauto 22 that was her dad's as well but that 22 we've had for years.

Been shooting a little IDPA the last couple years as the race car's been parked for the most part...haven't had the chance to do either this year yet.

I think the old 22lr is a Mossberg of some sort too...I'll have to look when I get home...providing I don't have any downed trees (or worse) to deal with.
Gene

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Gene !!

...post a picture of that new 930 JM when you finally get it !

The 22lr rifle is a Model 152 not sure how to post a picture of it.
Thanks for the cool welcomes to the site!

Welcome from MI.

The 930 Rocks!!

Thanks for the welcomes....no definite ETA yet but that's okay as I'm still making payments on the gun anyway.
Shot about a minute and a half of a tornado that was just to the east of us last night with my cell phone camera...pretty cool as long as its' at a bit of a distance!

The 22lr rifle is a Model 152 not sure how to post a picture of it.
Thanks for the cool welcomes to the site!

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
If you took the picture on your phone, all you have to do is look next to the post reply button, where it says "upload file" click that and it will give you a pop up box to "choose file" , click that box, and choose a picture from the gallery on your phone....
if you have the pic on your pc , it will just bring you to your picture library where you choose a pic and select it.
after it has uploaded (either way is the same result) it will give you an option to insert the pic as either a thumbnail, of fullsize.....choose fullsize.....cuz thumbnails are for hammers. :p
And....Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and we hope you enjoy it here with our family friendly, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

I'm going to have to have the Mrs modify the pic...tried posting it but I get an error message that the file is too big.....I'll leave it to the expert ;)
Gene

Back