• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Iowa

Thanks, the Mrs is pretty attached to it, her dad had it along time and she got it when he passed away....not sure but he may have bought it new back in the day.
Gotta research and see about picking up another magazine or two and find the cleaning procedures now :)

Looking for anything for older Mossbergs I would contact Havlin they are the pros when it comes to old Mossbergs.
Havlin (636) 937-6401 ;)

Now for a stupid question,
I've seen/heard that they run shotshells and slugs in the same matches at 3Gun type matches and the owners manual makes mention of sabot and rifled slugs....I have no idea what that means or what I need to be looking for.....told you I was a newbie at this;)
Gene

Owners manual states that the Accu Choke tubes are for use with lead or steel shot, so I take that as slugs are not to be used?

Last edited:
Also, I see it comes with a couple of extra choke tubes...a Full and an Improved Cylinder, do you happen to know which version comes installed?
I would guess Modified?

Don't remember which one was installed when I picked mine up, but the chokes are labeled on the outside ring below the threads.

Sabot slugs are for rifled barrels and not recommended for smooth bore. You'll want to look for rifled slugs, which depending on the type have rifling or grooves cut into the slug itself. If you're going to run 3-gun with both slugs and shot, the improved cylinder will likely be your best bet. It's a good middle ground choke that will handle slugs well and should give you the best accuracy with shot...

My manager at work here brought in some rifled slugs for me...he sold his shotgun that he could use them in :)
I've got a few hundred shotshells that I've picked up box by box when picking up some groceries at WallyWorld...should be good for a day or two ;)

Back