• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Kilrain

Particular 590 barrel...

To anyone's knowledge, did Mossberg ever produce a factory 18" 590(not 590A1!) with ghost ring sights? I'm actually just interested in the barrel, not the whole gun. Thanks in advance.
  2. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

No, they did not. In fact, the only thing that came back with the gun was an invoice/work order indicating that the bolt assembly had been replaced. I deduced the rest from remembering seeing the flat, shiny spot on the firing pin and, most importantly, the firing pin being backed out of the...
  3. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

Sorry for the delay in replying, life gets in the way sometimes as I'm sure most of you are aware. Let me start by saying that I've read/seen several complaints about Mossberg customer service but you'll not get one from me. Turn around time was about 3 weeks total, that includes shipping both...
  4. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

I figured it out. I am embarrassed to say it was my fault and I should have noticed it before I posted here. The gun is off to Mossberg for repair and I'll be happy to pay for it. I'll try to explain what happened in a later post.........
  5. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

I found a possible problem/solution combination in this thread: http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=195&p=24279&hilit=bolt+hit+safety#p24279 I'll look at the back of the bolt and safety block tonight to see if they are indeed contacting. Thanks for any input folks!
  6. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

I don't think it's not repairable however it is potentially disastrous. I'm gonna try to pull the safety this weekend and see if there is something I can't see wrong underneath it. Thanks for the reply!
  7. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

Yes, the screw is tight. It "snaps" on and off and works fine so I tell by feel that the ball and spring are under the safety doing what they are supposed to do. Also, the gun has been disassembled twice since I got it, neither time was the safety removed and, from inside the receiver...
  8. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

2nd rack after the 1st. Hammer down, safety in the position that it was after the first rack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdxDtomms7M As you can see, the safety becomes fully engaged, effectively disabling the gun. Anyone experience this problem?
  9. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

So, here is a demonstration. Hammer down, safety off. The buttstock is resting against my thigh/hip, the muzzle is elevated 70 to 80 degrees. This is the first rack and the safety moves about half-way from the off to the on position. I was able to pull the trigger and drop the hammer...
  10. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

Yeah, I don't mind annoying so much as potentially fatal, that bothers me more than a bit.
  11. Kilrain

That 590A1 stock.........

The other thread is up. BTW, your Youtube videos were instrumental in my decision to try the 590A1. It's obviously well built, but the other thread could be deal breaker.
  12. Kilrain

Creeping safety?

So, I bought this 590A1 and was impressed by the apparent quality. I knew immediately, however, the stock was too long. So I bought a Hogue 12" overmold stock/fore grip set and got them on. They are great, no doubt. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to get to the range with this...
  13. Kilrain

I got it! I just loosened the nut a couple of full turns, then inverted the assembly and tapped it against a padded table. It moved an 1/8" or so, then I repeated it till I ran out of thread, which was close to 1/2" or 5/8". I was then able to wiggle it out. The Hogue overmold forend went...
  14. Kilrain

Yeah, it has action bars that are attached to the action tube which goes through the fore grip and is secured to it by a large, round "nut." I can get the nut off but any ideas on how to get the tube out of the fore grip? It's press fitted in there very tightly and won't budge. There is...
  15. Kilrain

Okay, I admit it, I'm short. I'm not unusually short, a dwarf or a little person, but I am slightly under the average, if you consider the average 5'10". My arms, are proportional in length to my height, as are my fingers. My hands, overall, also proportional. I said all that to say...
  16. Kilrain

New to Mossberg

So, I've recently turned my hobby time back to firearms after an extended hiatus spending money on high performance autos, motorcycles, Jeeps, photography, etc. I suppose I like all things mechanical which means I usually take a beating on my "investment." I've traditionally been a Remington...
Back