• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

14 Year old son's first whitetail

coltlover

Copper BB
Bought my 14 yr old son an 100 ATR w/ scope in 243Win two weeks ago. Tuned the trigger to 3# & zeroed it in @ 100 yds. He shot sub moa groups w/ two different loads I picked up for it. We finally got in the woods this past Sunday. He shot a nice 8 point buck (165#). Big deer for South Carolina & I was proud to be there w/ him for a day he will never forget.

Nice one, good start to a life time of trying for something just a bit better, could be hard with setting the bar high at the start.

Maybe one day we might meet in the bush.

Been there to see own son have his success and know just how proud a dad can be.

Congrats!!!

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk2

Congratulations.

I'm pretty sure that most people here know just how hard hunting can be and how much work goes into it. And this time, looks like it paid off.

It's funny that when you talk to people who don't hunt, they think all you have to do is get up early and park the car on the side of the road and walk into the woods and suddenly they just appear out of nowhere. LOL

Nice! Reminds me of my first channel catfish. I say that because my first channel cat was 14 lbs. Kinda gave me unrealistic expectations right off the bat as an 11 yr old. I'm 33 now and have only caught two bigger ones (out of several hundred) since then.

Awsome nice to see good hunts like that gun season dosnt open for a few more days here hope to see a nice buck myself

Back