• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

govt issue. 45 pistol value?

I browse the local pawn shops now and then to see what deals might be had on some guns. the other day I saw a .45 1911 in the case. I didn't ask about it but they wanted $1500 for it. any idea what would make it worth that?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Re: govt issue. 45 pistol value?

There could be a lot of different factors contributing to the price. Condition, date of manufacture, service history, etc. will all affect the selling price. My LGS has a Govt. issue Colt, produced in 1918, with a certified letter of history tracking it through several decades of service. It's in great condition and can be yours for $2,200.

Over on a 1911 gun forum, if you have a machined steel trigger from the 'teens it will sell for $200-$300..... for just the trigger. So, yeah, its possible!

Wow!

I've seen some of the govt issued 1911's, Colt, with the property of the US (or whatever it says) stamped on the side of them. A couple were service guns with obvious wear but good condition otherwise it seemed and were selling for around $1000.

I want one! :D

Pistol Mags and Mag Components

My Tuff Products 5 In-Line Mag Pouch arrived yesteray!

Here it is all loaded up with the new Checkmate 9mm Match mags for the STI Spartan V...

The mags slide in easily, but the tapered bottom of each pouch really hugs the mags and keeps them from moving until ready for use...

With plenty of space in between, a single mag can easily be grabbed for a reload...

You can check out my full review in the Product Review subforum...

Tuff Products: 5 In-Line Mag Pouch

Just installed a new 4140 bar stock steel mainspring housing with 30 LPI checkering and oversized magazine guide on the Spartan V. Also added extended bumper pads to the Checkmates. Reloads are going a lot smoother and faster now...

Thanks Joe,

I posted up a range report after my first trip. I've made a few changes since then, but the Spartan really shot well. The range report is at the bottom of the first page here...

RANGE REPORT: Handguns

Oooh! I'll be checkin that range report for sure!

Question for the group. Lookin for a consensus. A guy at work would like to trade a Marlin 336 chambered in .30-30 Win. for my 1911. He has never fired it and its a few years old. I think its the brass finish on the receiver.

Worth it? or no? I cant make the final decision without Allisons approval too! :lol:

If it were me, I'd keep the Springer.

A new Marlin 336 can be had for well under $500 and used ones are goin for around $350. I'd venture to say you've got a bit more than that in the Springer...

Switched out the grips on the RIA today to a new set of VZ Grips ETC-FRAG G10 panels in Dirty Olive...

I love the dual texture of the ETC panels and the FRAG pattern provides an incredibly solid grip...

Dang! Dang! I dont know what to say, but Dang those are sweet! :D

I see this stuff and I keep thinkin... man, more stuff I wont be able to live without! Kinda like the 92FS! :lol:

Back