• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

200 yard slug 12" gong

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Ok guys this is a 200 yard slug shot on an ar500 12 inch gong. Sorry for the video but I had no intention on filming anything today. I hit this a couple times and made my buddy film it on his cell.
You can’t hardly see it small white dot but you can hear it hit the steel on the third shot, turn up your volume and you will hear it.
Can’t figure out how to rotate it either …..used a range finder at the beginning of the day and its 200!. Any way I can improve this video ?
Also sorry for the school girl like reaction but this was pumping my up and it was my last shot

32 seconds on the video is impact

Mossberg 500,20" smooth,Centurion 1 1/8th oz. rifled slug 1400 fps,Primary Arms micro green dot reflex

this is the gong, been hitting it with 300win mag and 30-06 but I can see slight slug imprints on it

IMAG0117.jpg

200 yard shots with a shotgun is very impressive! Nice shooting.

I would have probably traded one of my guns for a proper camera at that moment. We were shooting it and two 6" gongs with scoped rifles, fun but not very challenging after zeroing in. Went to iron sights, mini 14 and a Yankee Hill AR. A lot more of a challenge but was hitting the 12" about 8 out of 10 and the 6" about 5 times out of 10. I had my friend watch as I shot the first slug. I held about 2 feet high and he said about a foot low and the windage was right on. I held somewhere between 2 1/2 to 3 feet high and I hit with the next shot ... we were shocked. He said “do it again” and I hit it two more times out of 4 shots. The last three shells are what he got on his cell. The blade on a mini 14 covers the entire 12" gong at 200.

It has to be one in the top 5 shots of my life

Yea that is such a bummer that you didn't get it on video. That is extremely impressive shot and hope the next time you give it a try you can get it on video! I wish I had somewhere to try 200 yard shots but here in NY the places I go to shoot rarely have a place that I could set up a target past 100 yards.

I will try for sure cuz its not one of those things people believe easly, I have an ok Cannon but never really shoot video, in fact that was the first video I ever posted. I'm trying not to be a geek about it but those shots just stoked me up today.
Any suggestions on video tech would help, need to film it in a way where we can see impact and shooter

How about trying to film through a rifle scope ? anyone try that ? Although the cell video sucks its kind of cool because you can hear the hit exactly one second after the shot, seemed like forever after shooting high power rifles all day.

Any insight at all for filming this shot will help

Back