• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

3rd rev. Mossberg 930 SPX Build Thread

Bizill said:
3 words... "you go, boy!"
Thanx brotha... I have a few more things coming. Nordic Extended End Cap, Nordic Mag Spring, and Wolff Mag Spring(testing these as a replacement). And I'm thinking about re-doing her in either Flat Black or OD Green (Just the Barrel and Mag tube)...

Dude! Nice work!!!

The extended cap is gonna be great, and I kinda wanna seee it in OD green, but maybe the receiver too! ;) So you go ahead and do it up like that so I can see if I like it! lol!

Rossignol said:
Dude! Nice work!!!

The extended cap is gonna be great, and I kinda wanna seee it in OD green, but maybe the receiver too! ;) So you go ahead and do it up like that so I can see if I like it! lol!
Ok I'll be your huckleberry... Lol!!! I need to do it anyway because as you guys can see the barrel needs re-finishing... I'll be heading to the range to test her out today with some slugs...

:lol: Haha, cool Thanks!

Yeah man, def cant wait to hear how it does with the slugs!

because of what happen to my front sight I think I'll invest in a MRD or an RMR from Trijicon or an EoTech 512

Will you be going back to the regular Nordic cap since the extension cap now sticks out past your Trulock Tactical choke?

DHonovich said:
Will you be going back to the regular Nordic cap since the extension cap now sticks out past your Trulock Tactical choke?
Nope I will not because its not that big of a difference. Its only like 1/8" of an inch... In the pics it looks like there's a big difference in lenght but with the naked eye you can really see it that much...

With lighter loads has your Mossberg 930 with the now ported barrel been able to cycle them properly?

DHonovich said:
With lighter loads has your Mossberg 930 with the now ported barrel been able to cycle them properly?
No problems at all... Just shot 40rds of bird shot yesterday. I was hoping to go that class this Sunday but got told today I have to work...

Your build and reviews have been awesome! I'm diggin watchin it elvove, nice work!!!

sorry guys havent been messing with my 930spx ... Been busy shooting USPSA, trying to get my ecig business going, modding my HK, and my crazy work schedule havent had a day off in a 10days and wont have one till next week....

@RippSpeed
Thanks for your thread! I have one question on the nordic clamp. I just recieved mine and noticed that the clamp fits great on the barrel but doesn't fully seem to clamp the stock choate mag tube "space on the bottom side. *Note* my barrel is the thicker one "gen3". Did you notice a fitting issue with the stock mag tube and the clamp? I'll post some pics later when I get home.

You may have to modify the clamp a bit to fit the 3rd gen heavy walled barrel. M24Shooter had to do this modification to his.

Back