• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.410 Mossberg 500 Receiver 5045550455

fadetoblack73

Copper BB
Is the receiver for a Mossberg 500 chambered for .410 (specifically Model #50455) same as a 12 gauge Mossberg 500? I am interested in buying a .410 bore shotgun for my wife for home defense when I am away. The 50455 model only comes with a pistol grip. I would like to change the pistol grip with a standard shoulder stock after purchasing. However, most aftermarket stocks say "12 gauge Mossberg 500". I don't know if this is just a generic description or if they really mean that it only works for 12 gauge models.

And... I am aware of the HS410 model. However, I don't know what a "Spreader Choke" is, but I don't like the sound of it.

Welcome to the forum from NY.

The receivers are different between the .410 and the 12ga.

The stocks do not interchange between the .410 and the 12ga.

A spreader choke does just that,,,,for a .410 it opens the pattern.

Mossberg Serial Numbers

Welcome to the forum from NY.

The receivers are different between the .410 and the 12ga.

The stocks do not interchange between the .410 and the 12ga.

A spreader choke does just that,,,,for a .410 it opens the pattern.

Mossberg Serial Numbers

Thank you for such a fast response. Do you know if I ordered the stock for the HS410, would it fit the 50455 receiver and replace the pistol grip?

Second the suggestion to call. Did that myself on different question. Hold time wasn't too bad - just before Christmas. Not sure some of the info was entirely accurate, but I got my parts more quickly than anticipated.

interested in what the 410 would offer in the form of slugs and penetration. i know its not going to compete with the 12 gauge but it must have some merit.

Back