• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 Cruiser question

tomcat

Ok so I think I decided what I may do. Since the 500 cruiser with PG only are fairly easy to get, I will probably go that route. Now, I have absolutely no intention of keeping that grip on. I will definitely be ordering a collapsible stock for it (most likely the Ati Talon if I can get one). I will also switch out the forend at some point (I know I will likely need a tube). My question for you guys is does the cruiser model 50580 have the receiver tapped and drilled so I can add a rail later for a red dot or something at some point? I tried to find out but couldn't find an answer. As always, thanks in advance.

To the best of my knowledge, all of OFMs 500s are drilled and tapped these days.

For the stock, don't be afraid of checkin out Hogue if you can't get a hold of an ATI. They should be easy to find and reasonably priced in comparison. I really like the grippy overmoldig too, though the ATI Scorpion recoil grip is very very nice!

It was my understanding that all variations of the same model of the same guage use the same receiver and that all the newer ones are all drilled and tapped for rails/scope.

Hopefully someone can confirm this or correct me if I am wrong.

I believe you're right MikeD, that's my understanding as well. But you said it better! :D

Man this forum is great. You guys are the best. Thank you very much. Thanks for the rec on the stock rossignol. I'll check it out.

I'll throw in a big +1 on the Hogue.

My 590a1 is wearin one and it's been the best aftermarket add-on I've bought...

Had a Hogue on my old Remmy, loved it! BUT tactically I like the ATI better on my 500... just seems to shoulder better for me.

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Back