• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 fit, spacers

limablue

Copper BB
New poster, with a problem that Mossberg can't solve so far. I'm working on fitting a new 500, 20 ga, with synthetic stock. According to a rep at Moss, the sku 95091drop spacer kit on the website that is intended to "...bring the comfortable fit of a custom stock within every shooter’s reach" will not work on a 20 ga, 12 ga only. So I emailed and asked if they had spacers to fit a 20, gave the model number, etc. Responded, "yes, we have it". Called to order... rep says "we don't make them for a 20 any more". Long story short, he found a set marked "20", says it's the last one, and sent them to me. Tried them today, no resemblance to fitting the receiver, no way they will work. Whatever 20 they were made for doesn't fit mine. So.... I still need a set of spacers to alter drop and cant for this new 500/20, and a web search for the last week produced nothing. Any help out there? Anyone at Mossberg for suggestions?

Regards, Jon

I'll be getting a 20 ga. soon, but havent looked into the spacers.

DHonovich said:
I will see what I can do for you. I don't have a 20g Mossberg 500 at the moment otherwise I would test the various drop spacers that I have with it. Do you think the ATI drop spacer would work (http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-103-stock ... pacer.aspx)?

I later found that the 20 ga spacers they sent me fit the SA-20 Semi Auto. My wife has one and they are identical to the set that was included with the gun purchase, so now I have an extra set of those. Beautiful shotgun, by the way.

I did email ATI, they responded yes initially. However, I question that. If the Mossberg spacer set won't fit a 20, why would the ATI? Since the receivers are apparently different on the 12 and 20, the tac stocks listed on their page that I checked only fit a 12, couldn't find any mention of one for a 20. Still checking.... and thanks.

Mossberg is going to check their parts to see if they do happen to have a set left over. If not I could always send you an ATI drop spacer to try. I have a couple at my house.

DHonovich said:
Mossberg is going to check their parts to see if they do happen to have a set left over. If not I could always send you an ATI drop spacer to try. I have a couple at my house.

Just heard back from ATI. Thanks anyway, but they say none of their spacers will fit a 20, and the rep had no suggestions for after-market products. I may have to modify the SA-20's that Mossberg sent me. They have about a 1/2" hole in the center, whereas my 500 receiver takes a much larger hole to match up.

Mossberg just advised that unfortunately they do not have any Mossberg 500 20g spacers available.

DHonovich said:
Mossberg just advised that unfortunately they do not have any Mossberg 500 20g spacers available.

Yes, it is unfortunate, and I've not found any after-market product.... thanks for your help.

Back