• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 flex

Mopar6871

Copper BB
Brand new to the group, just recently purchased a 500 flex, marinecote, 26" barrel. My question is, with all the accessories there are to turn this from a hunting gun to a home defense gun, is there anywhere I can purchase an 18.5" marinecote barrel? Also does anyone make 2 shot extensions for the tubes? Any input would be great thanks

Welcome to the forum!!

As for the barrel I would contact Mossberg directly, I'm not sure.

The 500 line does not have the ability to add extension tubes as the barrel lug attaches directly to the end of the tube. So the quick answer is no.

If you are willing to do more work and buy some more stuff the answer is yes and somewhat confusing:
You can put a longer 500 extension tub on it but you would have to buy the 500 barrel that corresponds to it.

You can also swap the magazine tube out for one made for a 590 which will allow the use of extension tubes but you will have to also switch to the appropriate 590 barrel so that everything lines up.

@Mopar6871 . Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy. You get a chance post a pic or two.:)

Back