• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 Newbie

Hello everyone,
I am both new to this forum and new to shotguns. I just picked up my new Moosberg 500 deer/ field combo package and took it to the range today. I have to say, after having only shot my M&P 40c and .380 Bodyguard, this shotgun has really caught my attention. Needless to say, it was a crap ton of fun to shoot. I don't know if I'll ever use the 28" barrel it also came with because I want to actually build a tactical shotgun with this model. Thinking about an 18.5" barrel and of course some bolt on tactical accessories. Looking forward to sharing my experiences with all of you and if any of you shotgun veterans out there have any knowledge you'd like to share with me (shell types, techniques, etc), I'm all ears. Thanks and hope to have chats with some of you soon. Take care!!

Welcome from OH. Enjoy the site. Have an old 500 as well. Multiple barrels but the slug barrel is on it now.

Well I guess the most IMPORTANT question is: Do you plan on shooting slugs and only slugs out of your 500?

Back