• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 Parts question

Hornet

Copper BB
Hey Guys, I am trying to understand what parts are interchangeble within the 500 and 590 guns from the 14-1/2" barrel to the 20" barrel models.
Is the fourend, elevator assembly, and slide tube all the same for all the 500 models?

I have the chance to get a 500 receiver at a very good price.

Thanks in advance.
Chuck

Too my knowledge the 500 receiver and 590 receivers are the same and practically universal. You are able to switch out the Barrels, Slide Assemblies and Butt Stocks. As for the 14" barrels and tubes I have no experience, but am sure someone will stroll along and fill the blanks or correct my errors!

Welcome aboard Hornet!

Because of the method used to secure the barrel, model 500 barrels and mag tubes must always be used together. Same with model 590/590a1 barrels and tubes. That being said, model 590/590a1 barrels and mag tubes can be installed in a model 500 receiver. Case in point, both the 500 Cruiser and 500 Blackwater models with the breacher barrels use the 590/590a1 mag tubes & caps and the heavy walled breacher barrels are the same as used on the 590a1. The 14.5" barrels use the same 5 shot mag tube as the 18.5" 590a1 models. Aside from that, all other parts are interchangeable...

Back