• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 Persuader "old-school tacticool"

clarke187

Supporter
This is my mossberg 500 persuader. It originally came with the normal plastic furniture and an extra pistol grip for some reason. I knew the look I wanted to go for but unfortunately nobody makes wood corncob fore-ends for 500s anymore so I picked on up on ebay for 119 dollars. It was a pretty good deal, since I have seen them go for 250 dollars or more. I also picked up the factory parkerized heat shield from numrich for 60 bucks and a pretty sweet scabbard from my LGS for 25 bucks.

4hPhKHD.jpg

3GFOv2E.jpg

LkqTHOr.jpg

Very nice. Keep the wood furniture. I love the weight and feel of wood stocks over the plastic ones.

While I'm all for new tech and light weight, a good wood stock just feels right sometimes! Good looking 500 man!

Damint, that is almost exactly what i've been wanting to do to mine possibly. Still torn between keeping the 18.5 barrel I have with the shield vs that 20 inch vent rib one with the choke set. Regardless of which barrel I wind up with I'm convinced I have to go old school wood now especially after threads like this. :lol:

I really want the barrel/mag tube parkerized as well. The mag tube and an 18.5 are readily available parked from Mossberg. Sadly the 20 inch vent rib barrel with the chokes only comes blued. I guess I'd have to look into who can refinish one and how much.

Looks great. Mighty jealous over here lol.

jgwills said:
Damint, that is almost exactly what i've been wanting to do to mine possibly. Still torn between keeping the 18.5 barrel I have with the shield vs that 20 inch vent rib one with the choke set. Regardless of which barrel I wind up with I'm convinced I have to go old school wood now especially after threads like this. :lol:

I really want the barrel/mag tube parkerized as well. The mag tube and an 18.5 are readily available parked from Mossberg. Sadly the 20 inch vent rib barrel with the chokes only comes blued. I guess I'd have to look into who can refinish one and how much.

Looks great. Mighty jealous over here lol.

If you are brave you could try parkerizing one of the blued barrels.

http://www.webshooters.org/diy_home_parkerizing.htm

Back