• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500B 16ga 18.5"barrel does it exist

southboothbay kerry

.22LR
Elite Member
hey all, Maine 33* sunshine 2nd jan 2017 i'll take it

has anyone heard of or know of a 18.5 16ga. barrel being made? I'd like to get one or if I have to.. make one up in the shop outta another barrel hate to ruin a good one, of a not being made anymore barrel so if you know of one or a barrel 16ga. let me know thanks all,.. whatta place,.. you name it and its here someplace somehow someone "knows"

Hi Maine,,,,, 82* sunshine Palm Harbor Florida 1/2/2017

If you have no luck here with the barrel I would try Havlin (636) 937-6401,,,,,,or Corson's barrels 928-718-4282.

Never saw one of those in all my Mossberg parts searches. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but............sure I'd have come across one by now. Might require a saw to realize an 18.5" barrel for a 16 gauge. EBAY sometimes has reasonable prices on old 16ga barrels for cut down projects.

hey all
I called Mossberg today and asked the girl that had helped me with my order I asked about a 16ga. with 18.5 she said no she said they don't make a 16ga.
I don't think she even realized that there ever was a 16ga even made... nothing on her she was a great help for my order so I guess the hunt is on for an old 16ga barrel cyl bore I know they are out there i have a 26" c-lect choke on the original barrel and picked ep 26" a c-lect choke replacement barrel

They have made 16 gauge pump shotguns. There is no doubt of that. You can probably find the whole shotgun cheaper and easier than you will find a barrel itself though.

Most US manufacturers have stopped making 16 gauge parts years ago.

And I don't recall an 18.5" 16 gauge barrel ever being made. 26 or 28" are about as short as I can recall.

hey all
I have been looking for a barrel for a while I bought a barrel that was the same on my 16ga so the are both 26"c-lect choke setups but really don't want to cut the c-lect factory set up cause if barrels are that scarce now why ruin something with a choke system rather than simple plain barrel someone is gonna appreciate the choke barrel intact better better than cut down

Back