• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500C Range Report...

I took the 20 ga out for it's maiden voyage today. I am very happy with the results. I shot 00 Buck, slugs, 3" magnum birdshot and 2 3/4" rabbit loads out of it and loved the way it shoots. I was planning on a Limbsaver pad but the factory pad seems to work well enough for now anyways. tom. :D

Re: 500E Range Report...

thats great. congrats on the new 20ga.........any pics? :)

old mossy said:
thats great. congrats on the new 20ga.........any pics? :)
No camera hence no pictures, sorry. It sure is a delight to shoot. My son says he'd like to get one as well. tom. :cool:

,,,Tom,i forgot to ask you what model did you get?

old mossy said:
,,,Tom,i forgot to ask you what model did you get?

500C field model with checkered hardwood walnut finished furniture, gold trigger, reddish- brown rubber recoil pad, had a longer bbl. ( 26" if I remember correctly)which I changed out to 18.5 factory bbl. The gun was unfired (other than factory test fire) and the longer accu- choke bbl. I put in the classifieds a while back. This has been a long wait to finally get to shoot it. I'm very happy. tom. :D

Just like the one in the link below...

http://cf.mp-cdn.net/19/c2/8f6c7d4f29e9 ... e359e1.jpg

Excellent Report!!! I hope to get out and shoot my 500 here shortly. Some well needed stress relief is over due!

Itsricmo said:
Excellent Report!!! I hope to get out and shoot my 500 here shortly. Some well needed stress relief is over due!

Thank you and I agree. It's been a long and stressful winter. Enjoy the Springtime weather. tom. :)

deputy tom said:
Itsricmo said:

Thank you and I agree. It's been a long and stressful winter. Enjoy the Springtime weather. tom. :)

Deciding as we speak whether I wanna stay in and spend more time on MO.com or go out in 38F and rain and unload a bit.... I can't decide :lol:

Great to hear the 500C is well at home! Keep the father-son range time going!

aksavanaman said:
deputy tom said:
Itsricmo said:

Deciding as we speak whether I wanna stay in and spend more time on MO.com or go out in 38F and rain and unload a bit.... I can't decide :lol:

Great to hear the 500C is well at home! Keep the father-son range time going!

38F is a bit chilly but I'd go out and have fun. It was 57F here today and a light mist. Father /son range time is invaluable. All time spent with my kids is wonderful. We only have a certain amount of time here on earth. I value it . tom. :cool:

Temperature never affected my decisions to go shooting :lol: I was out on Easter morning, 30F and Snow, shooting a new Bushmaster AR (my buddies) and my Taurus .45 :D

Itsricmo said:
Temperature never affected my decisions to go shooting :lol: I was out on Easter morning, 30F and Snow, shooting a new Bushmaster AR (my buddies) and my Taurus .45 :D

Are you calling me a female anatomy part? Lol... you guys try waking up 36F in the middle of June (not the norm... but it happened last year) ... and let me know how you like :p

May 12th.. Mother's Day... 35F and SNOWING! Come chill out in PA buddy ;) I bet our weather is more erratic then up north lol

Back