• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

535 barrel swap's

TCoffey

Copper BB
I've got a 535 with 28 in barrel and 5 shot tube and its a great gun. Its really good for hunting, and clay's; not so much for HD. Got a friend who has a brand new 20 in barrel and 8 shot tube kit he'll sell me for 50 bucks. He bought it for his 500, but didn't see it was cylinder bore and he wants to use chokes.Not sure why but his choice. Instead of sending it back (again his choice) he just bought something different. I'm sure you can see where this is going will it fit my 535? Remember its a kit with barrel and mag tube so they will fit each other but not sure if they will fit the receiver. I know I wouldn't be able to use the 3 1\2 in shells with it installed (Little much for HD anyway) but from what i've seen the barrel locking lugs and tube threads look the same but i'll admit i'm no gunsmith. The online retailer where the kit was bought says they wont fit ( I wont say who, unless they lied to me!) and then I have a local gunsmith (term used lightly) say they will work with no problem, just to remember no 3 1\2's. So I dont no who to trust and i'm hoping someone on here know's the truth. For 50 bucks i'm gonna buy either way and either keep it case I get a 500 or sell it and make some $$$ but i'd rather use it on my 535 for HD. Thank's for any help.

This swap will work as long as you swap the magazine tube as well. Based on what you said you should be good to go.

For under $100 you can get his barrel tapped for chokes. :D

Back