• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 Main points left out in 500 vs 590 model comparison for newbees!

Hello fellows, I am deciding to send my barrel in for the Vang Comp system treatment. What are your opinions?
Has anyone done this to their barrel? Here is what Vang Comp says about the end result.

The short description:
  • Higher Rate of Accuracy- 12-inch shot patterns @ 25 yds. with standard 00 Buck, 2-times tighter than a cylinder bore barrel.
  • Less Felt Recoil- Faster follow-up shots, easier training, makes 12ga accessible to all shooters.
  • Maximize performance- No need for choke tubes and their maintenance/ limitations.
The long description:
ENTER THE VANG COMP BARREL MODIFICATION SYSTEM.
Mr. Vang devised a system of lengthening the forcing cone of the shotgun barrel to allow a smoother transition of the shot column from chamber to bore, thus decreasing recoil and shot deformation. He would then further back-bore the barrel so that the shot column gradually tapered and squeezed together as it traveled down the bore towards the muzzle. Before they get to the muzzle, the hot expanding gasses which account for the muzzle flash are jettisoned through a precisely-calculated and rigorously-tested array ofcompensation ports. This hot gas is discarded through 62 holes, 31 on either side of the front sight which contributes to the flat shooting, reduced felt recoil, eliminated muzzle flip and diminished muzzle flash characteristics of the Vang Comp System.

There are several folks here, including a few MODs that have had the VCS treatment done to their shotguns. Haven't done it myself, but if I decide to go for it down the road I won't send my shotguns anywhere else but Vang Comp. Excellent work, excellent service, and great people...

There are several folks here, including a few MODs that have had the VCS treatment done to their shotguns. Haven't done it myself, but if I decide to go for it down the road I won't send my shotguns anywhere else but Vang Comp. Excellent work, excellent service, and great people...
Great to know L.E.S! Thank you for the vote of confidence for VCS.

Not sure if you've seen our VCS sub-forum. There are plenty of reviews and discussion there...

Welcome from MI!!

Back