• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 sight match

pressgo

Copper BB
hello, does anyone know if this rear sight set up:
Mossberg-Flex-rear-sight.jpg

works with this front sight found on this shotgun:
http://www.mossberg.com/product/sho...0-special-purpose-590-magpul-exclusives/50669

it will be on the non heavy barrel. also, does anyone know if a non-heavy 590 comes in 18.5 length? thank you in advance.

@pressgo ,

Looks like they've got you steered in the right direction on the barrel. As far as the sights go I would not recommend the combination you reference. Some of the factory models, Blackwater editions, etc. use the type of rear XS sight in your photo and the XS front post is much taller than the standard ghost ring front blade in your link...

Can anyone recommend a good rail that includes a rear sight? Something that will match up with the blade sight (check out link of my original post to see example). Thank you.

Nope.

That front sight post/blade is designed for use only with the direct mount rear ghost ring aperture...

My first time seeing that one.

From the looks of it, the peep should line up with the front sight just fine. My only concern is that the rear portion of the rail where the aperture is housed looks to be set pretty far back on the receiver. While this wouldn't be an issue on a Remington, I don't see how this would mount over the Mossberg tang safety. You might call Williams and speak with someone there for some clarification...

Back