• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 Bead sight

Gard

Copper BB
I recently picked up a 590A1 (model 51411). I was really excited because I've wanted one for quit a while and it's now discontinued. I was disappointed when I got it though because the bead was canted to one side and the end cap detent wasn't staked in place. It actually fell out when I first disassembled it. Big let down. The online shop I ordered it from told me to ship it back and they make it right. I just got it back and everything looks good but the new barrel on it has a white plastic bead wrather than the black bead I was expecting. Are the 590A1s leaving the factory with white plastic beads now? Slightly confused.

I wouldnt worry too much about the bead really. You point a shotgun, you dont aim it. The bead is just a reference point.

My first 590 had the same problem with the detent ball not being staked in properly and falling out. I sent the barrel back to Mossberg and waited. It took so long I assumed they had to mine the ore, produce the steel and finally make me a new barrel and ship it back. I have a 51411 as well.

Last edited:
Back