• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 hammer spring

ybrik

folks, happy new year!
I'm having a bit of an issue here. I had detailed strip the trigger assembly for detailed cleaning.
I'm just having a hard time putting back the hammer spring. I noticed for the A1, it has 2 springs. There's a 2nd small one meshed inside the other larger diameter spring.
I just find it difficult to compress the spring with a big punch as it extends around 6~8mm at the rear even before compressing it.

But on the 500 models in youtube I've seen, there's only 1 hammer spring and it doesn't stick out of the housing even before putting the spring pin in.

Looking for your advices. TIA.

So I finally had it assembled. Been while since I did detail strip of other firearms and this is my first one for a shotgun.
Stupid me, as the hammer has a tendency to lock at the sear fully rearward without spring yet.
So I installed the spring with the hammer forward, just the same as when I had punched out the hammer spring from the beginning. ☺

Back