• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 mag tube diameter

Klaatu

Copper BB
Looking to mount a Streamlight TLR-1s to my 51517 and one option would be to install an Aim Sports Barrel Mount Rail Adaptor to the mag tube just below the tube mount.
Aim_Mt049.jpg

P1000413c.gif

AIM Part Mt049 is 1" but they have other sizes so was wondering if anyone knows mag tube diameter?

Called Mossberg customer service but rep couldn't/wouldn't help because in his words, my question implied shotgun modification which they advise against. Okay.

Thanks.

I don't know off hand but try giving Havlin Sales a call, if anyone knows they will.

Klaatu said:
Looking to mount a Streamlight TLR-1s to my 51517 and one option would be to install an Aim Sports Barrel Mount Rail Adaptor to the mag tube just below the tube mount.
Aim_Mt049.jpg

P1000413c.gif

AIM Part Mt049 is 1" but they have other sizes so was wondering if anyone knows mag tube diameter?

Called Mossberg customer service but rep couldn't/wouldn't help because in his words, my question implied shotgun modification which they advise against. Okay.

Thanks.

I have a 18.5" 590A1 and had to buy a CDM Gear MTR rail. I have since added a two shot extension but I still have the MTR rail on my shotgun.

http://www.cdmgear.com/mtr.jpg

Here's a picture:

zebepuhy.jpg

The tube on my 590 Mariner is 0.98" according to my calipers. I suspect it's the same for your gun.

Contacted Havlin Sales but haven't heard back.

Was going to buy CDM MTR but wasn't ready to pay what they wanted plus shipping and didn't need sling mount as one was included with Specter Gear 2-point sling already installed.

Notice now though that description at http://www.cdmgear.com/mtr.html states in part, "perfect for the Mossberg 590A1 and just about any other shotgun with a 1" magazine tube and room to mount it." Guess there's my answer.

GunnyGene said:
The tube on my 590 Mariner is 0.98" according to my calipers. I suspect it's the same for your gun.

Gunny gave you the answer,,,,,,

Klaatu said:
Contacted Havlin Sales but haven't heard back.

Was going to buy CDM MTR but wasn't ready to pay what they wanted plus shipping and didn't need sling mount as one was included with Specter Gear 2-point sling already installed.

Notice now though that description at http://www.cdmgear.com/mtr.html states in part, "perfect for the Mossberg 590A1 and just about any other shotgun with a 1" magazine tube and room to mount it." Guess there's my answer.

You can take the ring off on front of the sling and use sling loop on the MTR. I also have a specter gear 2 point sling and that what I did since metal loop interferes with my light. I also have a specter gear 6 round, buttstock shell holder and I had to take off the buttstock holder included with sling and connect it to the shell holder.

Date: Wed, 29 May 2013
mag tube diameter = 1"
Per Vic
Havlin Sales/Mossberg Collectors

The final word, I'd say.

Aim Rail Adaptor installed with Blue Thread-locker applied. Certainly a less elegant solution than the CDM MTR but functional and less costly ($15 delivered). Barrel shadow is minimized with light so far toward the muzzle.
P1000563.jpg

P1000564.jpg

Back