• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590A1 Mariner / "Woody"?

Gronk

Just purchased my first shotgun in over 30 years, a 590 A1 Mariner, I liked the look of the marine coat finish and am intrigued as to the possibility of swapping the synthetic stock and forend with wood replacements . Is this doable without major modifications to the stock configuration ? Thanks, great forum BTW!

Sent from my iCook iClean iWork!

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.
Should be no problem with the wood furniture. Pics when you get a chance.:)

Thanks, I may want to shorten the stock a bit as well as going to wood furniture on it , it's on its way from Texas as I'm writing this , I'm " pumped" Lol!

Pumped! Ha, nice!

Congrats on the Mariner. I'm lookin forward to pics once it arrives...

It should look very good. Lots of us here really appreciate wood furniture on a fighting shotgun.

I install the ATI stock in gray...

qarequju.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look of Mariner Mossbergs. This is the first time I have seen anything regarding wood furniture on a Mariner. I'm rather intrigued! I've never thought about wood furniture on a Mariner before, either. I think it'll look great.

That's a great looking Mariner, PK!

It's been awhile since this thread was updated. Did you ever get the wood furniture for your mariner 590?

It's been awhile since this thread was updated. Did you ever get the wood furniture for your mariner 590?
I picked up a factory wood stock on eBay and still trying to get a forend
0e1e6126c0bf452533273169aced1d7d.jpg

I'll add pics when I get it installed

I'm one of those that appreciates wood furniture as well.

That stock looks pretty clean, good eBay find.

If you don't mind "new" prices, Boyds makes a fine forend (and stock) for the 500.

Here she is with new stock, the LOP ended up about a 1/2" shorter around 13.5" or so...
77895c8ce70d540eeacad44c4b10cbb1.jpg

590c021ee934db48778a06c2a0e88991.jpg

b155381d779b03ee61fa04cee275a095.jpg

d51250974d40f8d3b7867d4380e29b25.jpg

Should be interesting to see the walnut stock with the birch forend which I believe it is

If you feel up for it, you can always sand'm down and stain them to get a better match. I enjoy the "worn look" so a few blemishes here and there just add character. Glad I could pass along a good find! Better than collecting dust in my parts bin!

If they dont match that well, refinishing them with some stain is an easy task.
I really like wood on 500's. Except if they is fer huntin' then camo dem up

Back