• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

7 + 1 My ars

Chris1964

Copper BB
I cant get 7 shells in my extension tube. I am using winchester superx 2 3/4 slugs or same brand 00 buck and i can only get 6 in the extension tube. I really dont want to ahve to spend extra money on 3rd party springs or tubes to acomplist what mossberg clains the weapon should do. I seriously thinking about selling this and buying a benelli M4. You get what you pay for....

I agree, you shouldnt have to spend any additional funds to make the gun do what the factory claims its supposed to do. You can get on OFM, but their CS sux.

However, even with the aftermarket parts like the Nordic stuff (which I intend to purchase and have ready if/when I get a 930) its still less than the Benelli and as far as I've ever heard, the gas operation of the 930 makes it a softer shootin gun than the inertia or recoil operation of the Benelli.

So for me, its worth gettin the aftermarket stuff and have a gun my daughter can compently handle.

Tough decision.

OH!!! I just saw another post mentioning the spring can be or may have to be trimmed down for the final shell to load!

That would be the simplest and least expensive fix without havin to deal with OFM at all, cuz even their solutions suck. Theyd want your gun or they would maybe send another extension and/or spring and it would all be identical to what you have now.

:lol: Well, if you have the money to spend on a shotgun that holds even less ammo then we understand. The 930 SPX wasn't given the NRA's 2009 shotgun of the year because it was a piece of @#$%. But for the $600.00 or so, Mossberg did the best they could I guess.

One thing I know is that I was so surprised when I actually measured a 3" Remington Sabot only to find out it wasn't close to 3". It was actually only 2 5/8" from the crimp to brass. Then I checked one of my 2 3/4" Hornady Sabot to find it was only 2 3/8". The point here is that each manufacturers ammunition is going to vary. I do not have a clue to what ammunition OFM was using when they came up with their 7+1. I just know for some they get seven shells no problem. Others don't. But what I do know is you have a great shotgun there if you don't get too frustrated and give it away first.

First, I have a question. Why is it so important that it actually hold seven shells in the magazine especially since you are talking about the Benelli that only holds four? I use mine for hunting so I have to have a dowl anyway to limit it to 2+1. Granted, if you want to use it for three gun or extreme competitions, then that last shell may be important I guess.

Lastly, I thought you changed to the wolf spring and follower. And I know you had to send it back to OFM. I feel your pain. Mine went back twice before I ever even bothered to shoot it she was so screwed up right out of the box. But OFM made it right. And your right, you do usually get what you pay for. But man, for a few hundred extra dollars, you will have a PREMIER weapons system. Get some barrel work done, extend the forcing cone, polish the chamber, port it and you will have a weapon that will give any weapon out there a run for it's money for a whole lot less than the Benelli. And yes, I looked at that $1800.00 shotgun too before I decided on my 930 which is a much more versatle configuration. I have three barrels now and can hunt anything from Big game to quail. You should check out the Vang Comp Thread. Good info on minor things you can do to turn your 930 into a BEAST! You would think that they cookie cut these things out and they are all the same. Their not. Different batches of parts, springs etc. come in all the time. The subcontractors are selling crap to OFM and OFM is still selling EVERYTHING that they make. That's obviously why their CS sucks so bad. They still don't have to worry about CS because of those damn Zombies. But good luck to you in whatever you decide. I understand how frustrating it can be believe me.

Paul

Cut the spring. Call it a day. It wont hurt the gun's functioning ability. Heck if you get a wolf spring you still need to cut it down.

Be aware as well that the OAL of shells varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and from style to style. The variation could cause you to come up short, it's happened to me on more than one occasion.

Back