• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

702 Plinkster Firing Pin Reassembly. Resolved.

alshooter27

Copper BB
Afternoon folks, I'm new here but I'm hoping someone could help me out.

I finally received a new firing pin for my 702 plinkster in the mail today, and dug the parts out to reassemble it. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to fit the firing pin into the bolt.

If I slide it into the channel with the longest part through the rear where the hammer can strike it, the pin falls out once I try to work the slide. If I put it in the opposite way, the slide won't even move.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm missing some trick to 'lock' it in. Or perhaps I'm missing a part, but I really hope that isn't the case. If someone has or could procure a photo of the firing pin assembly, showing the pin, or could just explain in small words what I'm doing wrong I would be very grateful.

Edit: Looked at the Bolt Assembly this morning and realized what I thought was a bar was actually the retaining pin for the firing pin. Popped it out, slid the pin in and popped it back in, gun runs like a scalded hound again. Can't believe I didn't see it to begin with.

Re: 702 Plinkster Firing Pin Reassembly.

Hey and how ya doin! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!! I'll seee what I can find for you!

Re: 702 Plinkster Firing Pin Reassembly.

Rossignol said:
Hey and how ya doin! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!! I'll seee what I can find for you!

Thanks for the welcome, and the offer but I figured it out after a good night's sleep. Amazing how these things can slip past you when you're in a rush. Thanks again.

Good to hear you figured it out, I was looking online for a diagram, But the only one I could find was in the user manual, Which didn't do me any good.
Oh... BTW, Welcome.

Its great to hear that you figured it all out. Welcome to Mossberg Owners forum!

Gratz on the fix. Mind letting us in on the secret of what it was, just in case someone else has the same issue down the line?

Back