• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

702 plinkster muzzle break/flash hider

Hi I had gotten on the ruger 10/22 bug...sold my Mossbergs and bought a 10/22. Just sold the 10/22 and ordered a 702 and was wondering if anyone knows if a m22/50 muzzle break/flash hider is available for the 702? If so know where I can buy one?

Looks like the set screw version of the Tactical Innovations m22/50 brake is designed for the 10/22 standard factory tapered barrels. Not sure of the difference in diameter between the Ruger and Mossberg barrels though. They do make a thread-on version. Having your barrel threaded 1/2x28 TPI would enable the use of the more secure threaded version and eliminate all the guess work.

Now I gotta ask, is this just for looks or do you actually get some performance advantage by having a muzzle brake the size of a fist on the front of a .22lr rifle?

Just for looks. I had seen them on Mossberg 702 plinksters that I thought were factory. Saw them last year on gunbroker auctions ant they came on the 702's that came with the 25rd mags

I've seen them on those as well as on the model 817.

Not sure if they're thread-on or use a set screw though...

Back