• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715T- jaming fix/single sling fix/new paint

Iceman20014

Copper BB
For the new owners of 715T (with carry handle)

I have researched all I can find on internet about mossberg tactical fixes, upgrades and modifications and here is what I found:

The 6 positions adjustable stock (715T) from ATI is NOT on the ATI site! I contacted them and they said it is not on there because it is ONLY used for Mossberg tactical rifles. But you can find the fixed stock under -Mossberg- 20gauge.
ATI also said there is NO single sling attachments available. But I suggest drilling a hole in the simulated T-shaped plastic on upper receiver and simply put a key ring thru...works fine and will cost you nothing.
A lot of jamming is reported and as many solutions offered. The first fix would be to ''glue'' the little red plastic in the magazine to the spring- it is loose and tilts , creating jams.
Secondly i would try different ammo, preferably round nose copper plated. Although mine works well with blazers lead RN...

For those who want to change the paint, dont need to dissassemble , just take off rails, mag or stock- tape screw holes or use silicone ear protection like putty...

Lastly, i would strongly suggest NOT to cut or modify the stock parts as it will affect rifle strenght.

For a single point sling would a Tango Down PR-4 be usable?

Tango%20Down%20PR-4-3.jpg

They're nice with the ambidexterous sling use (left or right side), and features a rear-facing attachment point too with a heavy-duty push button sling swivel.

Back