• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715t not firing

rframpton

Copper BB
I am new to this forum. I just purchased an 715t for my wife to shoot. I broke it down to clean before firing. I am pretty sure it is all back together right. I did not take the trigger apart. We went to the range and its like the safety is stuck. I can pull the charger back and push the safe on then push safety off and the trigger will work. Then pull it back again and it won't. Pull it back and push safety on release charger then push safety off and the trigger will work it. Safety will not push in unless charger is pulled back. Trigger will not work unless safety is pushed opposite direction each time. What did I do wrong or has any body else had this problem. I can take gun apart and check trigger but have read that it is hard to get back together so I didn't mess with it. I would really like to fix this without sending in. Anyone help?

sounds like something that mossberg needs to fix. part of the price of the gun is a warranty, take advantage of it if you have an issue before it runs out.

I guess I am just a goober. Everyone read your manual before looking stupid like me. Safety button will not work unless the hammer is cocked. Gun works great. I have never owned a gun that worked like that. Anyway joke is on me for thinking I know more than I do. Learned a lesson today. Thanks for the reply.

No worries, and thanks for posting back with your findings.

Makes sense though. Many rifles' safety mechanisms work the same way...

Back