• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

835 stock extention

grahamshewell

Copper BB
Hi - I have a older synthetic Mossberg 835 which a stock lop of 14" including recoil pad.
Do Mossberg do a stock spacer to lengthen the stock using the existing recoil pad?

Thanks in advance
Graham

I've got and old recoil pad from my 1988 500A that is now hard as a rock. You are welcome to it if you think it will work for ya.
cut 1.JPG

Thanks Guys but think I am going to have to make something. If it was a wooden stock then a simple spacer would give me the 1/2" that I need but because it is synthetic the pad is rebated to fit inside the stock. I will have to make a space that a rebate on either side. One side to fit into the butt and the other side for the pad to fit into. I see the newer ones have a lop of 14 1/2" but this is advantage wetlands camo and I will struggle to match one up

Would you mind posting of a picture of your stock? It should have the ventilated pad, like one Old Mossy has.

As you know some Mossberg stocks had LOP in excess of 14 inches, about 14.25-14.5. In fact one of the most common black synthetic stocks has this LOP; these have the solid recoil pad.

The pad on mine is rock hard too! I took it off and it is not entirely hollow on the inside like my Browning synthetic stoc so I think I can put a polymer 1/2" spacer in and a new reoil pad and then grind to fit. I do have a 1" limbsaver pad that I could put on which would help soak up some recoil from the nasty wildfowl loads! :)

Attachments

• Photo0004.jpg
    Photo0004.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 4
Back