• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 JM Pro Fail to Load

Hi, just acquired a new 22" 930 JM Pro. So far only have about 80rds through it. I purchased different shells to try through it, but found that the Winchester wally world 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 jam moreso than others, but the problem exists in 4 other types of shells, including slugs. When I have the gun empty, bolt locked back, I place a shell in the port and hit the bolt release, the shell sometimes hits on the bottom of the chamber and fails to go into battery effectively jamming the gun. It did this 5 times in 7 tries with the shells mentioned above. it jammed 3x with same shells in 15 rds. I switched to Federal 1oz 7 1/2, both game loads and target loads and it ran a lot better, but still hiccuped one time while firing it. had the same thing happen 2 out of 4 slugs while chambering with the bolt release, but have yet to see if there is any cycling problems while firing mult slugs. It looks like the carrier/lifter does not hold the shell high enough when in the up position. Should I try to tweak it a little to get the shell higher? or wait till I get a few hundred more rds through it and see if it goes away? everything else works fine. I have tore it down and cleaned and lubed it after the 1st 40 rds and experienced the slug failures and a jam while firing it one time on the 2nd 40. I have also noticed that the firing pin strikes on the primers are not consistant, center and either high or low on others. experienced one misfire during a match, ejected it and never got to look at it again to determine what the cause was, it was mid stage and I couldnt find the round on the ground with all the others without holding up the match.

Howdy Smokecloud and welcome to the club! I'm not familiar with the 930, but there'll be someone here who can help you..I'm sure of that. I just didn't want this post to go to far down the list, to keep it active for ya....

Are you a 3 gunner?

I try to be. Mostly just shoot local matches, my first big match will be the MGM Ironman, which is what im trying to sort the shotgun out for. Im hoping the issues just go away after a good breakin. im detail stripping it again right now, I do see some wear on the side on of the inside of the receiver from the lifter and also some wear on the hinge point on the lifter where it meets the trigger group. high spots, soon enough become low spots.

Are you familiar with Patrick Flannigan?

Also..Have you checked in our 930 sub forum? Maybe There might be something in there that might be of use to you....

just reassembled after tear down. seems to have more jams now while firing, even with the game loads that only jammed once. I did however shoot 8rds of buckshot, both low recoil federal and full power winchester. all cycled fine. im getting frustraded now. i shot about 45 more rounds of fed and win low base bird shot, had about 7 jams total. two were failure to extract, almost like it didnt cycle the gun completely, the empty case was trapped in the ejection port while the fresh round was trying to chamber , one on top of the other.

Back