• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 (Not SPX) Aftermarket Heat Shield

Hello:

Does anyone know where you can find an aftermarket heat shield that will fit the 930 Home Security shotgun... It is not the SPX version...

Appreciate any advice anyone can give me...

tcecil88 said:
Is the HS version a heavy barrel like the SPX?

Not to my knowledge... I have not seen the SPX version, but in looking at my Mossberg 930 it looks very much like a standard barrel... I know that Mossberg made a 930 Tactical back in 2010 that had a heat shield, but I do not believe they are in production any more and I cannot find a replacement barrel with the heat shield... I cannot also just find the heat shield that they used on the package as an accessory piece...

Appreciate your question...

I have a 930 breacher barrel with a heatshield but it is welded on. I am not sure I have ever seen or know of a heatshield that is removable for a 930.

If the 930 HS has a standard diameter barrel, a polymer heatshield should work by modifying the receiver end of the forearm to clear the barrel band arms, and trimming the arms to clear the piston.
I got mine off ebay for like $20 with shipping.
A heavy barrel will require longer front mounting screws in addition to the above mods.

tcecil88 said:
If the 930 HS has a standard diameter barrel, a polymer heatshield should work by modifying the receiver end of the forearm to clear the barrel band arms, and trimming the arms to clear the piston.
I got mine off ebay for like $20 with shipping.
A heavy barrel will require longer front mounting screws in addition to the above mods.

My only real concern is clearancing around the piston... If the barrel band arms go all the way round the barrel, then I don't think you can clearance the arms for the piston... There is not much separation between the piston and the barrel...

Perhaps I shouldn't be so cheap as to not spend $20 bucks to try!!!!! ;)

The arms do not go all the way around the barrel, so you only have to trim off a small amount to clear the piston.

Thanks, I try to help out when I can. :)
Include some pics if it works for you. Heck, include some even if it does not. Maybe we can figure it out then.
I have not tried to fit mine to my SPX yet, just sat down the other night and tried to fugure out what it would take to make it fit.
Good luck!

Back