• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 slug gun?

Clint p

Copper BB
Hello guys just wondering if any of yall have used the 930 with the cantalever mount slug barrel and if so how do u like it.....I am want the 930 for deer and Turkey...thanks

Welcome to the forums!!

I have not used the cantelever mount on the 930. I have the 28" barrel on mine and I have shot slugs with it. It was saticfactory just using the bead sight. I have used cantelever mounts on a Remington 870 and found it to be very accurate, I have no reason to think the Mossberg would not be of the same level of performance. (I do wish they would offer a 20" or 22" barrel though)

I shot a turkey two seasons ago with the 930 and it did an awesome job at about 25 years using the same 28" barrel, Primos Tite Wad choke and Winchester Heavy turkey loads 3" #5's.

I know that doesn't specifically answer your questions but based on my experience, I think you will be happy with the results.

I had a Remmy 1187 SP Deer w/ cantilever mount that was great. I am sure that the 930 w/ cantilever would be just as good. I have a 930 SPX and if I could afford to feed it, I would buy another 930, but with the cantilever scope mount. You can remove the barrel for cleaning and put it back on with no loss of zero. That is the beauty of the setup.

Thanks for the feed back.....yes miked that does help ....I have never slug hunted before want to get into it..I have been hunting with a nova 20 ga the last 2 years for Turkey but the wife has took that over so I amwanting a good semi auto to cover both Turkey and deer...everything I have read has been good on the 930 just hadn't seen much on the slug barrel

Back