• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

940 Handguard

I'm am currently looking to get two new guns in the next couple of weeks.

Both of them possibly being Mossberg.

One of them is the 940 Pro Tactical.

Before I buy it I'm just curious are there any options on the market for a tactical handguard?

I'm looking for an M-LOK front handguard for the 940 but so far I can't find anything.

Nothing that I'm aware of. There have been a few random offerings for the 930 over the years, but they've all but disappeared. Closest that you'll find is the m-lok barrel clamp on the 940 Pro Tactical.

OP,
As buyobuyo mentioned there is not much out there for the Mossy semi autos. There are few companies that offer internal components but the 940 has most of these upgrades already.
GG&G have some external bits and pieces for the 940. Good quality products from GG&G in my opinion.
Good Luck and please post some pics.

I would like to see someone make either the A300 equivalent with a few M-lok slots at the front or an adaptor for the Magpul Zukhov (? did I spell that right) forend like the 1301 has.

Quick "sanity check" request here...

Situation: I've got a new 940 Pro Tactical that I'd like to have outfitted with the dark walnut wooden forend and stock from a 940 Pro Field #85154, and not the original black synthetic furniture that it came with. Nothing wrong with the black forend and stock, as I just like the classic wooden look.

Since Big Mossberg is not going to sell me the separate wooden furniture parts, I'm extremely tempted to just purchase a new 940 P.Field, swap out the furniture between the 940 P.Field and my 940 P.Tac, then turn around and sell off the new & unfired 940 P.Field with (unoriginal) black synthetic furniture. I'm willing to take a small hit on the resell price to part ways with what is now essentially a standard 940 P.Field #85155 just for me to have the wooden furniture for my 940 P.Tac.

Questions: Is this train of thought and course of action(s) too far out in left field, or should I just wait for Big "M" to finally sell separate parts & accessories? Anything else I should consider before I create this "bastardized" 28" gas gun and try to sell it? (see stock pics of discussed shotguns below)

THX

85152_940_pro_tact_8shot.jpg

85154_940_pro_field_walnut_28in_2700x650.jpg

85155_940_pro_field_2700x650.jpg

Don't trust Boyds!!! I did not hear anything good about them for the 930! Fit and finish was off and forends would split. The best thing to start with would be to post for a trade in the marketplace forum. I guarantee you someone has or will buy the wood pro field model because it was the last one in stock... and they wanted the polymer model. Look for that person

The 940 field gun with the wood furniture is a beautiful shotgun. My $0.02 is to buy the 940 field gun and use it for all the non tactical stuff. This way you can show it off to more people.
Keep the 940 tactical in synthetic furniture since it will see much harder use. If you want to dress the tactical up to take it out to a fancy place you can swap out the furniture for those special occasions.

That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking, but I would have very little use for the 28" bbl. I don't want to cut it down, and I don't feel like the hassle of selling off the parts separately. I would like to have BOTH the wooden and synthetic furniture, but that means I'd have to sell it as parts...

I don't know much about the Mossberg aftermarket as well as I do Remington's and a few others, so I'm hoping somebody will get up on it for making some decent furniture and more accessories. Maybe Mossberg will come off of their high perch and sell some of their own stuff...

Last edited:
I looked at the WOOX furniture. It looks to be high quality and very cool looking. To me it was a little too much for a “working” shotgun.

Back