• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

940 Pro Tactical 5-shot model #85163 light/sling mount options

nightyear

Copper BB
This post is specific to the #85163 variant of the 940 Pro Tactical. I'm in Illinois and I'm limited to a 5 rounds or less on a semi-auto shotgun here. Anyway, not here to gripe about legislation, just trying to figure out a good setup for this gun. I know it'd be hilarious to reply with "move to any other state" but for now that's not an option.

Because that variant doesn't have a mag tube extension, I’m wondering if something like the GG&G Sling and Flashlight combo mount (https://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-940-pro-quick-detach-sling-and-flashlight-mount.html) would be a good choice for mounting a light close to the forend? Not sure what other choices I have. If I wanted to keep the cutout slot for a small Holosun red dot, are there top mounted options worth considering for the light?

Feel free to pontificate here and virtually spend my money. I'm not independently wealthy but I do like quality and am not afraid to buy-once-cry-once when it's warranted. I'd love to hear what's out there that might work for this gun in particular for a good home defense setup that I plan on doing a lot of training with. Ideally I want a light, a red dot, a shell saddle, and a sling all in a usable configuration, but I'm not sure how to get there with this one. I have preferences for Holosun and Surefire but I'm glad to look at others too.

Somebody with more experience with mounting stuff to this gun will probably reply to you sometime today. I have nothing to offer as I like my guns naked. ;)

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Welcome aboard from upstate New York. Congratulations on the 940 PRO Tactical. It looks like a great shotgun. GGG is good stuff but the item you’re looking at may not work with your specific model.

The flashlight mounting on your model may be an issue. You may need to look for a rig that mounts to the barrel. Something like this https://fenix-store.com/products/fenix-alg-18-flashlight-barrel-mount

The shotgun comes with sling swivels and is already machined for a RDS.

For shells saddles I like the Velcro attached shell saddles that you can “rip and replace” as required.

When you are done accessorizing please post some pics.

Just got a reply from GG&G sales, they are not doing anything with that particular model for another 4-6 months. I'm not sure if a barrel mount is a good long-term option if I plan to put a lot of rounds through this for training. Thinking of switching to a 5-shot JM Pro model that has better mag tube mounting options or going with a different brand of shotgun.

I've got a 3 hour class on 12/1 at Maxon's where I can ask a bunch of gun store folks what they think before I order, so I may just hold off and wait and see what my semi-auto ahotgun options are in IL.

Thanks all, If anyone else has clever ideas feel free to let me know in the meantime.

Back