• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A glimmer of hope from D.C.

Thanks for that post Tim. While I'd prefer Harry Reid was was against the Feinstein AWB because it's the wrong thing to do and un-Constitutional, I'll take he's against it because he doesn't want voters to fire him. The anti gunners got a shellacking in '96 after passing the '94 ban. I believe they thought the voters would forget over 2 years.

I think it all has a chance to die out and not be passed. It makes me wonder though what's next? I think it will be the UN small arms treaty starting up again.

I think you're right about the UN stuff if the proposed bans don't go through.

I think they are realizing.... We The People.... are gearing up faster than they thought.

Both politically and literally.

NY I hope you will see a lot of these traitors get the boot. One starting March 5 of this year.

Water Monkey said:
I think they are realizing.... We The People.... are gearing up faster than they thought.

We are gearing up.. PERIOD! They see the numbers coming through and they see that we are serious. What good is being a dictator without persons to dictate? :|

This is a different time from 1994.

Gun sales have never been higher. Even before this AWB because of elections.

From what I gather ammo sales and gun sales have dwarfed what happened last AWB.

Ammo is non-existent for the most part and LE are running low.

Internet and social networking is HUGE right now. So while the liberal media is trying to go to town.... they are met with a lot of legitimate resistance.

A lot of informed people are counter acting a lot of the mis-information via social media and forums.

Plus we are armed with facts from the previous AWB and the no-impact it had.

i heard on the news tonight that there were 3 pro gun groups talking ny gov. cumo to court to block the bills put up.

Yes WM, you are right it dwarfs '94. Not even close. Also, states didn't go as crazy as this time either. No real internet back then...I got news monthly from gun mags...no nightly in a message board. The only thing similar is policitians who aren't in solid anit areas can be defeated and they know it.

Edit - I have my dates wrong...glad I checked them. It was the mid term elections of 1994 that cost the dems control of Congress. Regardless, much of that loss was attributed to the gun ban. They haven't seriously tried again for almost 20 years...and hear we are again at the crossroads.

Two months later, after two years of Democratic party control under Clinton's leadership, the mid-term elections in 1994 proved disastrous for the Democrats. This was the first time the democratic party had lost control of both houses of Congress in 40 years.

old mossy said:
i heard on the news tonight that there were 3 pro gun groups talking ny gov. cumo to court to block the bills put up.

One of the groups involved in the lawsuit is AR15.com who is apparently based in NY.

Tim4k5 said:
old mossy said:

One of the groups involved in the lawsuit is AR15.com who is apparently based in NY.

great to hear Tim. i can't get much REAL news on my local lib. stations here.

NYSRPA (New York State Rifle & Pistol Assoc) along with a few others filed a notice of claim yesterday.

I believe they have 90 days to file the suit and how they are going to attack this law.

AR15.com is one of those.

Support the NYSRPA with a donation to help. I am a member.

If they can prove financial hardship to gun dealers due to this law there is a slim chance we can get an injunction to the law and put this thing on hold until a decision can be made in the case. That would be glorious.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention we have had A LOT of SCOTUS rulings go the pro gun way. So precedence is on our side.

Getting an injunction is critical here......I'm afraid if they can't get an injunction this will get tied up in courts past the 1yr mark for implementation and it gets harder to get support to fight for things you USE to have.

I'll get to keep a closer eye on this stuff over the next few weeks......I go Friday for surgery on my lower back that is going to put me down for a few weeks. I almost feel sorry for my Representatives here...... :D :D :D

Water Monkey said:
Yeah.... injunction may be stretching it. But it is a possibility.

I actually don't think an injunction is stretching it.....but I do believe it is critical. SCOTUS upheld the right to keep and bear arms in both Heller vs Washington D.C. and McDonald vs Chicago and in the Heller case they struck down the D.C. handgun ban with the statement of hanguns being weapons of common use for home defense. Attorneys will surely demonstrate to the Court that by sheer sales volume alone the AR platform of rifles has become a "weapon of common use". One would think that the Court would look at those two cases as setting legal precedence.....or at least show the Court the current attitude of SCOTUS regarding the 2A. You would expect a Court to be hesitant to enforce a law which they know has a good chance of being ruled unconstitutional. Granting an injunction would also save the Court large amounts of time and resources from having to dismiss or retry cases prosecuted under an unjust law.......We are starting to see the first pangs of that in Illinois since the 7th CA ruled the Unlawful Use of a Weapon statute a violation of the 2A and a direct rejecting of the outcome of the McDonald case.

I spent some time with congressman Richard Hudson[R] of N.C. yesterday.He felt very confident that no new gun regs would come into play.He said that there are many Dems that also oppose new gun laws.I was very impressed with this young man.Glad we have him in Washington working to get us back on track.

Water Monkey said:
I don't trust them till their vote is logged.

Big +1. We've been stabbed in the back at the last minute too many times

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Back