• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A good day

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
You know, it's always a good day when I get to the range with the 590. I think I have the bead sight down pretty good now.

A good day at the range is better than a good day at work.

A good day at the range is better than a good day of just about anything else!

I like shooting with a bead sight!

I like shooting with a bead sight!

I didn't think I would but the bead has surprised me. I was originally lookng for the same shotgun but with the ghost rings on it. I still may switch to them someday but I'd want to try them before dropping the cash.

The range does beat a great deal of life's oher requirements. I think I mentioned this before but if not, my range is within earshot and it makes staying on task with yard work pretty hard.

That close to the range? Nice! I think I do remember you mentioning that now that I'm thinkin bout it...

I hear shots from the farm next door sometimes. I cry on the inside a little cuz I'm in city limits but I know I'm on the edge, just across the creek. In fact I'm lookin at his bean field right now and sometimes watch deer walk through, down to the creek and into my yard.

Def makes it difficult to focus on chores and "honeydos".

I'd be shooting today but the wife was having a Rowan and field skin care party... So I stuck around the house to prepare all the snacks for the women... ;)

carbinemike said:
I think I mentioned this before but if not, my range is within earshot and it makes staying on task with yard work pretty hard.

Same here,

I'm about 5 driving miles away, but only about two as the crow flies. I can hear the report of the big bores through the trees from my back yard...

bsipes30 said:
I'd be shooting today but the wife was having a Rowan and field skin care party... So I stuck around the house to prepare all the snacks for the women... ;)

Good call,

That should earn you a few points. Those are the things you hope they remember when it comes time for you to buy the next firearm... :D

Yeah, that close. The range is in a hollow and I live on the one rim. I can actually hear .22's and when the leaves come down I can see some parts of it. They break out the metal targets for some special events and I hear bang-clank all afternoon. I actually looked at a house right across from the entrance but didn't like it enough to buy. The range also has a nice pond they stock with trout that's open to the public. My daughter pulled a 17" bass out of it the other week.

Now I feel like going over but it's almost dark out.

Bsipes, I almost said to get out of there but L.E.S. is correct:
Good call,

That should earn you a few points. Those are the things you hope they remember when it comes time for you to buy the next firearm...

carbinemike said:
Yeah, that close. The range is in a hollow and I live on the one rim. I can actually hear .22's and when the leaves come down I can see some parts of it. They break out the metal targets for some special events and I hear bang-clank all afternoon. I actually looked at a house right across from the entrance but didn't like it enough to buy. The range also has a nice pond they stock with trout that's open to the public. My daughter pulled a 17" bass out of it the other week.

I want to live near that range!! :lol: :lol:

Back