• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

A year ago today

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I usually don't remember dates for things I buy but the 590A1 was picked up a year ago. I think I remember it because I kept thinking that commie May Day was a good day to buy a shotgun.

I got to the range with it tonight as a friend is headed to Paris Island shortly and we wanted a last range day to send him off.

Nothing else, I just wanted to mention the one year anniversary here because if I told my wife she'd think I was crazier than she already does. That reminds me. It was about a week later I found MO while looking for information on it.

,,,,,don't let the mrs. see your post.
happy anniversary! hope you bought her a present. :)

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I know you and the 590 are very happy together...

We are but not in some weird kind of way. ;)

Old Mossy, I'll have to go with the mag tube extension I added a month ago.

carbinemike said:
I usually don't remember dates for things I buy but the 590A1 was picked up a year ago. I think I remember it because I kept thinking that commie May Day was a good day to buy a shotgun.

I got to the range with it tonight as a friend is headed to Paris Island shortly and we wanted a last range day to send him off.

Nothing else, I just wanted to mention the one year anniversary here because if I told my wife she'd think I was crazier than she already does. That reminds me. It was about a week later I found MO while looking for information on it.
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I hope your first year together has been satisfying and enjoyable...and how 'bout the honeymoon? Was it good, is it even over yet? :p

Me and Mariner 500 (Mare as I like to call her) have been together one year as well...and let me tell you we are still bangin' em out left and right! And as often as we can!! :lol:

Alright fellas... have we listened to ourselves lately???

Go back and read through this miserable thread... either all of us are extreme tactical shotgun ninjas, or we're just bad ass wannabe's with lousy haircuts, abusive wifes and a pack of PBR sitting on the porch as we type away in our "MO.com" world like the WOW freaks. Come on... 590 anniversaries...REALLY?

...I'm gonna go be man in my garage... pop open a Rainier, lube up my 590 mag tube (yup) and watch some Jersey Shore re-runs.

aksavanaman said:
Alright fellas... have we listened to ourselves lately???

Go back and read through this miserable thread... either all of us are extreme tactical shotgun ninjas, or we're just bad ass wannabe's with lousy haircuts, abusive wifes and a pack of PBR sitting on the porch as we type away in our "MO.com" world like the WOW freaks. Come on... 590 anniversaries...REALLY?

...I'm gonna go be man in my garage... pop open a Rainier, lube up my 590 mag tube (yup) and watch some Jersey Shore re-runs.

So angry... Damn that rap music!

WHats a bithday without cake!!!

ShotshellCake_zpsca9ef371.jpg

just remember it's ok to love you gun, it just not ok to LOVE your gun. :lol:

aksavanaman said:

I don't know if you can claim manliness with a tv in your garage. :D

I think if I watched Jersey Shore and had a loaded shogun nearby the TV wouldn't make through the end of the show.

carbinemike said:
aksavanaman said:

I don't know if you can claim manliness with a tv in your garage. :D

I think if I watched Jersey Shore and had a loaded shogun nearby the TV wouldn't make through the end of the show.

:D Well Happy belated anniversary to you Mike! The A1 and I have a few more months to go, but then again, she ain't my first go around.

Does it count if I tell you I don't have a TV in the house? I promise I don't watch Jersey Shore (as you stated, the TV wouldn't last) I'm usually re-watching Walking Dead... you know, Zombie practice :lol:

aksavanaman said:
Well Happy belated anniversary to you Mike! The A1 and I have a few more months to go, but then again, she ain't my first go around. Does it count if I tell you I don't have a TV in the house? I promise I don't watch Jersey Shore (as you stated, the TV wouldn't last) I'm usually re-watching Walking Dead... you know, Zombie practice

No tv in the house goes for big points with me!...I wish I could say the same. Enjoy your garage. It time for me to get back into mine more often and get some body work done on the old Nova.

Yup, no TV... I swear my daughter is smarter for it. She enjoys her books and toys and isn't glued to the tube all day. I'm a proud Papa!

MikeD said:

Its only illegal till you get caught. :lol:

Happy. Anniversary 590!

And you to Mike... ;)

ripjack13 said:
MikeD said:

Its only illegal till you get caught. :lol:

Happy. Anniversary 590!

And you to Mike... ;)

At least we're not talking about a .410... then we'd have to wonder :lol:

I can't believe this thread is still alive...of course sexual innuendo can do that.

Thanks RBA.

Back