• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Aftermarket Support and Mossberg

BLM737

Copper BB
Hi everyone.

I’m new to this Forum and I’ve learned a great deal already…thanks for sharing all the information.

Forgive me if this has already been hashed over. I’d be happy to reference threads that already exist.

So, why does Mossberg seem to hate 940 owners? It seems impossible to me that you can’t buy a 28” barrel for the JM Pro to optimize for birds. They seem hell bent on not allowing ANY mix and match activity with this firearm.

At first I thought it was because it is so new. Then I realized a it’s been nearly 4years since its release.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
B.

P.S.: I just picked up a Pro Tactical with the (apparently stupid) notion of buying multiple barrels for it to make it an all around item.

I can't answer your question--BUT, my guesses would be that:
(1) The 940 is a "new" model and they haven't got around to/have production capacity for adding accessories to the line yet. Mossberg is slow like that. :rolleyes: If there is a demand, the aftermarket will find a solution like Or3gun accys (for example).
(2) Maybe they figure if someone wants a Mossberg semi-auto for the "field" (ie: longer birdshot barrel), they are going to buy the 930 version.
(3) I don't know if there are porting/piston compatibility issues that would need to be worked out?

Back